Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
We are looking for an experienced leader to help grow & shape our Global Solutions Engineering Specialist Organization. This is a rare opportunity to lead a team of Specialist Solutions Engineers & have a hand in forming a new organization within Twilio. You will also get involved with some of Twilios largest opportunities & be instrumental in closing business in key markets. This role reports to the Director of Specialist & Contact Center Solutions Engineering.
Specialist Solutions Engineers are experts in Twilio products & the industry. Innovate & build out global processes to make our highly specialized team more strategic, efficient, & effective. Align with product teams to ensure your team members become & remain experts in their solution speciality area. Partner with regional Solutions Engineering leaders & Sales leaders & the Specialist Sales Organization to consistently exceed sales targets.
- A problem solver who demonstrates good judgment when handling ambiguity.
- A player coach with a mind for strategy & process, but who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves & help drive an opportunity to a technical win.
- A result driven individual who thrives in a highly dynamic environment with proven excellence in cross-functional work & influence.
- At least 2+ years management experience. Experience leading a virtual team that spans geographical & cultural boundaries is a big plus.
- A leader with experience working as part of an overlay team within a go-to-market organization or something similar.
- Someone with a passion & knack for technology especially in the following areas:
- Account Security, Email or Customer Engagement
- Prior programming experience is also a big plus
- Someone who is always looking to streamline & simplify the way things are done.
- Someone with a highly inclusive style who values & celebrates diversity within teams.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of shaping a Global Solutions Engineering Specialist Organization.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Lead a global group of Specialist Solutions Engineers & create a culture of collaboration both within the team & across the Twilio GTM organization.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Create a close alignment with Product teams to ensure your team has the expertise & information needed to deliver on the role of Specialist Solutions Engineers.
- BE AN OWNER: Channel the input from your global team members & be a voice of the customer back into product, support, & services teams.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work closely with our Specialist Sales, Marketing, & Product teams in developing our strategy & execution of key sales plays, tools, & strategies & play an active role in this community.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Be a key member of the Solutions Engineering Organization & drive global consistency in partnership models & strategies across the regional teams.
- BE AN OWNER: Hire diverse & highly skilled Solutions Engineers to grow & extend the teams reach.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful class A office at 110 William Street in New York. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, ergonomic desks, massages, game room, monthly All Hands gatherings & more.You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, & can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.