Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
About the Role:
Are you driven to make a positive impact in cancer diagnosis & treatment?
Medical Science Liaisons serve as a key, field-based medical resource for Guardant's external & internal stakeholders. The MSL is responsible for expert peer to peer exchange of medical & scientific information, education & research initiatives for Guardant's services with healthcare professionals. The MSL engages key opinion leaders via collaboration in research & abstract & publication generation. In addition, MSLs provide scientific & educational services to internal stakeholders. This position is field based, country-wide & will involve travel to other European countries & infrequently to the USA.
The primary role of the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is to educate & support leading healthcare professionals with the most current education materials supporting the clinical value of Guardant Health's product(s). This will involve seeking opportunities to engage & develop healthcare profesionals to be engaged in the use of, support for & inclusion of Guardant services in clinical & health economic research, clinical practice & guidelines. The MSL will maintain a deep understanding of the standard of care in oncology in designated EU countries & understand the needs of healthcare professionals involved in cancer management. They will contribute to building strategic partnerships with designated cancer centers & collaborative groups.
The MSL will be effective at translating data from research projects & disseminating information through publications, presentations at national meetings & educational activities. They will play a significant role in abstract & publication creation, & in the development & creation of physician educational resources & activities.
MSLs also support commercial operations, marketing & access with education & training.
Additionally the role will involve identifying & advancing investigator-sponsored trials (ISTs), & supporting the publication process to help demonstrate the clinical & economic value of Guardant services, to advance the evidence generation to support both guideline inclusion & insurance coverage by government & commercial payers.
- Interacts with healthcare organisations, healthcare professionals, clinical investigators, & other health related individuals & organisations in order to provide complete, accurate, balanced & scientifically rigorous clinical & technical information.
- Identifies, develops & maintains strong, collaborative working relationships with key academics & clinicians to develop understanding & adoption of our novel diagnostic services.
- Ensures effective scientific & medical communication with thought leaders, academic & scientific organizations, payers, government & regulatory bodies on the benefits of adopting Guarant services.
- Identifies & develops leading healthcare professionals to present at scientific forums such as national & regional professional society meetings, as well as educational events at targeted institutions.
- Assists the biopharma team in education & presentation to pharmaceutical company stakeholders involved in clinical trial planning, evaluation of digital sequencing results, & editing & review of relevant abstracts & manuscripts.
- Actively participates in / moderates medical & scientific discussions, presentations & education
- Organises & manages medical team deliverables. e.g. advisory boards, roundtables, national & international preceptorships & consensus meetings
- In partnership with the key internal & external stakeholders, identifies & supports strategic partnerships, including for evidence generation & report interpretation
- Supports investigators requesting access to Guardant services for clinical & economic evaluations e.g. Investigator Sponsored Trials, in-practice evaluations
- Consults with Investigators on data collection, regulatory questions, & protocol development & execution as it pertains to the Guardant Health assay.
- Consults with investigators & internal teams on draft study protocols, presentations, manuscripts & publication plans
- Attends priority international/national scientific congresses & summarises & reports key findings
- Critically reviews & develops educational slides based on new publications & research findings.
- Facilitates external meetings & scientific opportunities for the International team.
- Supports on-site education events during site visits to Guardant Health laboratories.
- Function as a clinical & educational resource for internal team through organization of / participation in educational programs, medical updates, scientific presentations, journal clubs & meetings.
- Facilitates opportunities for the International team to partner with healthcare professionals for focus groups, PR events, working meetings & scientific forums
- Provides medical & scientific support to customers engaged in ordering & interpreting Guardant Health reports.
- Strict adherence to relevant national codes of practice, company SOPs, laws & regulations
- Terminal degree in a scientific field of study (Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or Master's Level with academic equivalent such as Associate Professor position).
- Clinical expertise or related experience in relevant specialties is highly desirable. Minimum of 5+ years of healthcare experience in the diagnostic, pharmaceutical, or biotech industry.
- Experience working with experts at academic medical centers to build consensus around new products and/or services.
- Successful publication as primary author or primary draftee of several peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience with Investigator Sponsored Trials (ISTs) initiation, contracting, data analysis & translation of results in educational material such as slide-based presentations, abstracts, & scientific manuscripts.
- Track record of independent presentation at major academic centers resulting in product adoption.
- Material input & experience in study protocol design & documentation.
Technical Skills Required
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of the biotechnology, diagnostics & pharmaceuticalindustry.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of company product specifications.
- Establishes & maintains an expert knowledge of precision oncology, molecularly targeted therapies, genomic alterations in different cancers, comprehensive genomic profiling & liquid biopsy through continuous & self-directed learning
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of: Microsoft Office: Powerpoint, Excel, & Word
- Ability to work independently & remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic.
- Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks, work cross-team & at different levels of the organization.
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in an ever changing dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills & personal initiative.
- Outstanding oral presentation skills.
- Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce documents for dissemination both inside & outside the organization for presentations, technical briefs & scientific publications.
- Ability to elicit & answer clinical questions in groups ranging from individuals to larger didactic roundtables & meetings.
- Ability to address high-level experts in the scientific field at meetings & trade shows.
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Strong understanding of GCPs, ICH, & knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate GHI's Values by acting with integrity, respect & trust
- Frequent travel ( > 50%) throughout the territory as needed.
- Attendance to national & international congresses & meetings as needed
- Attendance at US- functions & meetings
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.