Security Operations Specialist
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, were building a company where everyone can belong, grow & do the best work of their lives.
As a Security Operations Specialist youll be part of a growing Security Operations team who are focused on detecting attacks against a backdrop of an ever-advancing cyber threat landscape with automation at the heart of everything we do. Youll be responsible for advancing our threat detection capabilities by triaging & analysing alerts, growing our detection footprint & supporting wider incident response processes spanning the breadth of the cyber kill chain. While we have some practices in place, youll need to help develop our processes & technology requirements to best support our Security maturity journey.
The role is a unique opportunity to get hands-on with industry-leading security technology & help grow a capability to detect, analyse & respond to security incidents. As we continue to grow our business, your specialist capabilities will play a key part in our story.
What youll be doing
- Triage events from a wide range of sources, including reports from employees, security systems, ethical hackers & threat intelligence data
- Analyse & respond to detected events, escalating issues where appropriate
- Develop incident response playbooks in-line with NIST best practices
- Support the design, development & review of threat-detection use-cases to identify suspicious activity across a cloud-centric environment
- Support orchestration & automation initiatives, helping to streamline our incident response processes
- Work closely with security incident responders to proactively hunt for threats across the organisation
- Keep up to date with current security trends, advisories, publications & security research across the threat landscape
- Work as part of an on-call capability to support security incidents 24/7
- Proven experience responding to threat detections in a cloud-centric, fast-moving organisation
- Demonstrable hands-on experience managing & configuring SOC/SIEM security platforms
- Practical knowledge of NIST cybersecurity framework & incident response best practices
- Hands-on experience writing Splunk/SQL queries to perform threat-hunting
- Working knowledge of cloud security best practice, particularly across AWS
- Demonstrable coding skills, with familiarity across multiple languages
- Excellent communication skills & a collaborative, knowledge-sharing mindset
- Familiarity of security compliance standards, e.g. ISO27001, GDPR & PCI-DSS
Preferred, but not required
- Understanding of IAM cloud security principles
- Experience of system administration, particularly across Linux platforms
- Experience designing, configuring & managing defensive security platforms
- Experience with web & mobile-app offensive security techniques
- Experience in a DevOps environment with familiarity of CI/CD pipelines
- Hands-on experience with container technologies & orchestration services
- Knowledge of cloud security data encryption standards & principles
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient & accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when & where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy & ownership, & we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth & relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.