Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about high performing team players who can take new challenges & go the extra mile.
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Manager to oversee the daily operations of the Payroll function, managing end-to-end processes to ensure employee compensation is timely, accurate, & compliant. The successful candidate must be highly analytical, organized, & skilled at communication & problem-solving. Additionally, this person will be an energetic, hands-on individual who can embrace organizational change & work collaboratively with others. This position reports to the Director, Accounting Operations.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Process U.S. & Canada payroll & benefits accurately, timely, & efficiently in compliance with all federal, state/provincial, local, & regulatory requirements.
- Review payroll for the International entities, working with the People Operations team to ensure payroll is complete & accurate.
- Own the Hire to Retire process for Payroll ensuring adherence to internal controls.
- Manage other payroll functions including recording of stock compensation in payroll system, registering for state & local payroll tax accounts, & year-end payroll processing (tax year-end reports, W2s).
- Handle all federal, state, & local payroll correspondence & work closely with the Companys payroll providers to ensure all required filings are submitted timely.
- Assist in the requirements gathering, evaluation, & implementation of an HRIS solution.
- Fulfill audit & tax requirements as needed, as well as field questions & requests for payroll information.
- Facilitate process improvements to operational procedures & processes that meet audit standards & improve efficiency.
- Participate in accounting projects & initiatives with other members of the finance team & other departments.
- Ensure that policies & procedures & desktop procedures are documented for all processes & updated periodically.
What Well Expect From You:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics highly preferred.
- CPP Certified.
- Hands-on experience with ADP Workforce Now.
- Ability to resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting & analyzing information.
- Understanding of payroll journal entries & accounting process, including balance sheet reconciliations.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (creating spreadsheets & using financial Excel functions).
- Ability to execute & follow-through to completion & documentation.
- High attention to detail & strong organization skills.
- Ability to function independently & effectively in a self-directed environment.
- Excellent time-management & organization skills.
- Maintains employee confidence & protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!