Tanium is seeking a highly motivated, proactive attorney to join our growing legal team as a Product Counsel. The right person for this position must be a team player who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, has a pragmatic approach to problem solving & is interested in gaining experience with a variety of legal issues.
What youll do:
- Provide practical legal advice & counseling on a full range of product-related issues that arise domestically & internationally.
- Partner closely with the Product Management & Engineering, teams from the early stages of product development through product launch & while in market by identifying issues & recommending solutions related to intellectual property matters (licensing, open source, patents), data privacy & security, & other legal & regulatory issues.
- Partner with the Marketing team on bringing our products to market by providing advice relating to branding, trademarks, domains & reviewing marketing collateral & communications relating to our products.
- Serve as a subject matter expert of our products in collaboration with our Commercial & Tech Transactions team & our Contracts team.
- Assist as needed with reviewing, drafting & negotiating agreements related to products, including terms of service, inbound/OEM license agreements, software license agreements, cloud terms of service, consulting, marketing & development agreements.
- Assist as needed with reviewing, drafting & negotiating data processing addenda with customers & vendors & understanding data flows to determine privacy risks.
- Assist with processes designed to ensure on-going product compliance with global laws & regulations in a variety of subject areas, including privacy, anti-corruption, competition, revenue recognition, conflicts of interest, export control & trade compliance, & lobbying & government procurement laws.
Were looking for someone with:
- A JD degree.
- Admission to the State Bar of California or able to register as in-house counsel.
- 3-6 years of relevant legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house at with a minimum 2 years of experience in product, privacy, or IP law.
- Deep understanding of cloud & software technology, & a desire to learn more about & work on legal issues in these areas.
- Experience working with product teams on privacy by design, data mapping & data security issues.
- Experience with intellectual property, open source software, OEM & API agreements, regulatory compliance issues (e.g., data privacy, export control, antitrust), & marketing technologies Experience working with engineers, product managers, marketing, finance & other functions in a cross-functional manner to proactively guide compliance with corporate policies & procedures & resolve complex issues in creative & effective ways.
- Admission to at least one U.S. state bar required.
- Excellent business judgment & critical thinking with a strong work ethic & a high degree of accountability.
- Team player with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively & flexibly in a collegial, fast-paced & rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving to achieve the best business results.
- Strong background in data privacy, as well as experience & interest in the laws, regulations & business trends impacting technology companies; a Certified Information Privacy Professional certification is a plus.
- Comfortable with technology in order to enable substantive interaction with product & engineering teams.
- Passion for learning new things & taking on new challenges.
- Highest integrity & ethical standards.
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.