Our Sales Force is the face of Chobani. We make sure every cup we sell meets a happy customer. We’re a dedicated team. And it’s easy to be dedicated when you’re a part of something much bigger than yourself. We’ve got an insatiable appetite for making a difference.
Chobani’s Category Development Managers lead category, consumer & shopper insights data to create a clear direction for the category that aligns customer & Chobani strategies. As a key member of the sales team, this role contributes to driving company sales & profits & to gaining advantage over competitors by driving strategic insights.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Role will be part of the East region team playing a key role in providing analytical support across all area customers.
- Utilize syndicated data, account-specific data, consumer & shopper insights to create direction for the category within assigned accounts
- Develop category strategy & recommendations for designated customers while aligning to the strategies & tactics of assigned customers
- Address complex business problems leveraging multiple data sources & tools
- Provide ongoing trend analysis (business performance & drivers) to seize value-creating opportunities as well as take corrective action as necessary
- Generate strategic & tactical 4P’s analysis including (but not limited to): space planning, forecasting, pricing analysis, post-event analysis
- Ensure Category Management priorities are in alignment with Sales & Corporate objectives
- Create & deliver customer specific presentations with relevant consumer insights, competitive insight & recommendations in preparation for top to tops, quarterly business reviews & category reviews with assigned customers
- Provide input into customer planning cycle based on knowledge of category & shopper trends, competitive issues, etc.
- Interact & collaborate with senior sales, marketing, trade & shopper marketing & category management peers
- Develop new tools & templates to simplify the analysis process as well as the output to the sales team
- Ad-Hoc Business reporting necessary to answer time sensitive questions
- Perform other duties as necessary
The requirements of this position include:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 3 years in a Category Management/Analyst or Sales role
- Minimum of 5 years in Consumer Packaged Goods industry
- 3+ Years Nielsen (and/or IRI) experience is required; Consumer panel data; Homescan, Spectra, Oracle, etc. preferred; Shopper Loyalty card experience; 84.51, Aimia, EYC, etc. preferred
- Space Planning experience a plus
- Experience with common statistical analysis methods is preferred (linear regression, hypothesis testing, ANOVA, survey methodology, etc.)
- Proven analytical skills & ability to successfully integrate different streams of information into sound propositions
- Understand tools & techniques to merchandise & market at retail
- Proven political understanding & resilience demonstrating the ability to operate on their own with customers
- Capable of building strong networks & working relationships by effectively influencing people that are cross-functional
- Excellent verbal, written communication & presentation skills
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects against deadlines
- Willingness to travel up to 50%