Lead a product team in building a large-scale, mission-critical, & intuitive platform. As a Senior Software Engineering Manager, you are passionate about security & delivering security products & solutions. You have experience developing enterprise-grade software in an object-oriented language, experience or knowledge in security, authentication, or Identity. You will bring out the best in each engineer, hire & develop talent, while ensuring the highest quality of software.
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management & Product Owners
- Work with engineering management to scope & plan engineering efforts & dependencies
- Stay close to the code to drive product decisions & help your engineers
- Provide technical guidance to ensure alignment with Engineering architectural vision & best practices
- Identify/Define/Refine Engineering processes to streamline product delivery & ensure quality
- Facilitate Agile project planning & execution of your teams & across other teams to ensure prompt delivery
- Lead, recruit, & mentor software engineers
- We have development offices in San Francisco, San Jose, Bellevue & Toronto & you will be managing teams spread across these locations
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation & Technical Operations
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience managing software development engineering teams
- 5+ years of building high performing & scalable enterprise software
- Demonstrated depth as a software engineer prior to transitioning into management
- Experience in high scale RESTful API design
- Prior experience in authentication, identity, single sign-on, or security a significant plus
- AWS/Cloud data services a plus
Education & Training:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.