As Global Payroll Director, you will lead our global payroll activities, ensuring timely & accurate global payroll submission, reporting, & compliance. You will be instrumental in the development of an efficient & scalable payroll processing organization. To be successful in this role, you must be a hands-on leader, deadline driven, & detailed oriented. You must have demonstrated experience leading a global payroll team in a fast-paced & collaborative work environment.
What You'll Do:
- Lead & manage the global payroll activities across North America, LATAM, EMEA, & APAC operations.
- Review & supervise the work of the Payroll Managers processing the local payroll related transactions, to ensure timely & accurate payroll submissions. This includes driving the efforts to ensure proper processes are in place for capturing all payroll inputs & ensuring timely & accurate submission to the payroll service providers.
- Review & supervise the periodic payroll analysis prepared by the local payroll managers, such as gross to net payment, paid per headcount by country, period over period flux analysis, etc.
- Partner with People Ops team to ensure completeness & accuracy of employee data for new hires, terminations, & comp & benefit changes.
- Partner with Finance, Tax, & Legal, to adhere to laws & regulations impacting payroll, across our global landscape.
- Optimize the payroll processing to drive reliability of the payroll processing activities.
- Own & manage our external payroll service providers globally.
- Foster & maintain exceptional relationships with all relevant business stakeholders across the organization.
- Work closely with the external payroll service providers & Finance teams on the month end close activities, including GL reconciliations & JE processing.
- Develop & implement payroll policies & procedures to guide employees activities & internal controls.
- Ensure accurate & timely filing with government entities & support the payroll related audit efforts (financial & 401k audits).
- Lead all aspects of the monthly financial reporting process as it relates to payroll. Prepare regular reporting packages on employee headcount & other payroll related KPIs for internal & external reporting purposes.
- Resolve issues & answer payroll-related questions in a timely manner
- In performing the above, exercise the highest degree of confidentiality relative to all payroll information & employee privacy initiatives.
Who You Are:
- Bachelors Degree in finance, accounting, and/or business-related fields.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred.
- 8+ years of hands-on, multi-state, & international payroll experience. Experience with EMEA & APAC payroll is required.
- Proactive & passionate about improving processes & developing innovative solutions.
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves to get things done. No task is too big or too small mindset.
- Empathetic leader, willing to coach & develop less experienced team members.
- Demonstrated knowledge & ability to interpret & apply taxation, withholding, & reporting requirements at federal, state, & local levels.
- Have a flexible approach with proven skills in problem solving, judgment, critical thinking & attention to detail.
- Great written & oral communication skills with the ability to interact & communicate across different levels of our organization.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience with Workday, NetSuite (or equivalent ERP), iiPAY, & advanced Excel skills.
- Experience interacting with state agencies, auditors, & payroll service providers.
- System implementation experience.
- Familiarity with SOX compliance requirements.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidates experience, knowledge, & skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $160,000 - $180,000 per year
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities & transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, & operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive & authentic workplace. If youre excited about this role but your past experience doesnt align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?