Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
The Casper Retail Team is looking for a dynamic, driven & customer-focused program manager to join our team! In this role, you will work directly with & impact our Retail fleet, help drive the retail business, & support the Retail Excellence team in key business-supporting projects.
This role centers around three major disciplines: Selling, Service, & Communication, with your key objective being to drive store-level engagement.
- Act as gatekeeper to the fleet, overseeing when initiatives will launch to the field & what the communication plan is for each respective project.
- Ensure that all communication is structured & shared in a way that makes it easy for the store team. In some instances you will be responsible for writing the communication yourself; other times, cross-functional partners will write the communication per the guidelines you set.
- Help define & codify change management best practices for all initiatives impacting the field.
- Own & manage key projects including promotions, product launches & initiatives that create strong in-store experiences.
Responsibilities & Duties
Store Communication Leadership
- Drive a sense of community among the fleet & a connectedness to the brand across our stores through partnership with HQ Employee Communication & Public Relations.
- Establish communication standards for all communication from HQ to the field.
- Manage & iterate internal Retail communication processes. Ensure internal platforms (intranet, knowledge base, etc.) are up-to-date.
- Be the gatekeeper for all communication going to the stores; write communication for projects you own. Cross-functional project leads will write their own communication, with you acting as copy-editor to ensure brand voice & clarity.
- Own & lead key touchpoints with the field including: weekly calls with Area Managers, monthly & quarterly calls with the store fleet, & weekly project planning meetings with internal HQ partners
Sales & Service Project Management
- Own & launch key sales- & service-focused initiatives & define internal positioning & messaging for: 3-5 product launches per year, ranging from small updates to new category launches; many promotional periods including global / national holidays, company milestones & clearance.
- Build & maintain quarterly calendar for how initiatives launch in the fleet & related communication plan. This includes initiatives you will directly manage, as well as projects owned by other cross-functional & business partners.
- Write the communication for all sales & service initiatives launching to the field. For initiatives that fall outside of sales & service, act as editor in chief to cross-functional partners & ensure the communication they write is on-brand.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams including Tech, Product, Learning & Development, Merchandising & Marketing
- Be the face of field communications, always championing the fleet, our customer & the in-store experience
- Attend weekly Retail HQ strategic planning meetings, monthly Retail HQ team meeting & weekly meetings for promotions & pertinent product launches
- Own, lead, facilitate & recap field meetings including weekly Area Manager meeting, monthly all-store meeting & quarterly / annual all-store meetings
Qualifications & Skills
- BA or BS degree with at least 5 years of sales & customer service-related experience with progressively challenging & elevated roles
- Sales & /or retail experience required
- Possess written & verbal communication skills that are clear, concise & have the ability to distill complex information simply for store audiences
- Experience with & passion for in-store guest experience, sales & service
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities & maintain composure under pressure
- Proven ability to effectively design, organize, & facilitate cross-functional meetings ranging from 3 - 20+ participants, with participants ranging from task owners to department heads to senior leadership.
- Capable of seeing the larger picture & understanding how your role impacts & influences the larger business
- Minimum of 5 years experience with increasing responsibilities
Special Skill Requirement
- Able to partner with & lead cross-functional partners
- Demonstrated project management skills, including understanding of project management tools & practices to ensure efficient execution of projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead & collaborate through influence; able to form & communicate a strong point-of-view
- Experience working for a global distributed organization with 50+ retail stores
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy & fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!