Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior QA Engineer to join our Technology team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have experience with 2+ years in the E-commerce/Retail industry, 2+ years of manual/automation work, & end-to-end testing experience in an Agile environment. You will report to The QA Lead based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Develop & execute software test specifications, test plans, test cases, & test scripts & present documentation to ensure technical completeness & accuracy for automation
- Perform hands-on manual testing for functionality & usability
- Help in planning an automation re-architecture effort & managing large-scale end-to-end testing/automation strategies while coordinating across multiple teams & stakeholders
- Analyze requirements, & perform ambiguity analysis to ensure that requirements meet design specifications & standards
- Identify & investigate issues found during testing, assist software engineers & product managers in troubleshooting, & update test cases based on discovered defects
- Contribute to standards & procedures for measuring product quality & release readiness
- Create, maintain, & execute automated test scripts
- Optimize performance of test execution for backend, desktop, & mobile
- Support UAT initiatives by providing data setup, access, & troubleshooting issues
- Work as part of our agile team to deliver high-quality experiences for our users
Who you are:
- 5+ years of progressive QA/testing experience
- 2+ years experience in automation, creating scripts, execution, & troubleshooting using automation tools
- Have collaborated with cross-functional teams (i.e. developers, Product Managers, Marketing, etc.) to ensure testing as a first-class citizen from requirements to delivery
- Experience with various automation tools - test automation for mobile & web (i.e. Selenium, Puppeteer, Playwright, Cypress, etc.)
- You have a strong philosophy around QA, testing, & Automation. You know how to apply that to ensure the quality of our software
- You have used a project management system like Jira & have experience with content management systems
- You have designed, implemented, & maintained an automation framework
- You are proactive, detail-oriented, & are able to work on multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal communication & problem-solving skills
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using a secure platform that verifies vaccination status within 30 days of hire
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.