BuzzFeed Canada is looking for a shopping- & products-focused writer for a contract junior position on our Toronto team in a contract role. BuzzFeed's shopping section is an expanding editorial endeavor that includes both service-oriented & entertaining content for a shopping-minded audience. You are a skilled & conversational writer with talent in consumer- & shopping-related content creation. You'll help our audience discover great products through entertaining & informative formats, from themed roundups to personal reviews & more. If you're the type of person who's constantly discovering bizarre kitchen gadgets, coupon codes, or interesting stores & sending links to your friends until they beg you to stop, we'd love to hear from you!
Contracted rate is $4,000 - $4,300/mo; monthly rate will be based on experience.
- Research products in various categories & price points that are of interest to the BuzzFeed audience.
- Write shareable, unique product roundups as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides & reviews.
- Track & analyze your posts' site traffic & affiliate analytics.
- Previous experience/internship writing for a magazine or website about consumer products (or exemplary blogging/writing experience)
- Strong attention to detail
- Flawless spelling, grammar, & usage in your writing
- A positive, curious, playful disposition with a sense of humor
- An ability to write important information in a fun, conversational voice that sounds like someone talking to their best friend
- Genuine love for the internet & online shopping
- Understanding of the BuzzFeed audience & voice
- Previous affiliate experience a big plus
FYI just because you dont meet every requirement doesnt mean we dont want to hear from you. If you think youd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
- In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please include a response to the following with your application:
- Discuss your shopping habits (e.g.: what do you always buy in-store vs. online, how do you find a good deal, what ~special tricks~ do you use that most people dont know about, etc.).
- Tell us about a couple of products that youre obsessed with.
- Include links to any relevant previous work, social media profiles, or portfolios.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is committed to diversity & inclusion in our hiring process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, indigenous status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.