At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
The Talent Acquisition & Community Programs Manager will be responsible for implementing, managing, & fostering partnerships & programs to in-source non exempt hiring & provide career pathing within Rent The Runways NJ Dream Fulfillment center. This includes developing the overall end to end strategy around direct non exempt hiring.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities & issues & being decisive. A true hands-on approach to create hiring processes & talent pipelines at a rapid pace where lack of infrastructure currently exists as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of new hires to ensure a high level of employee engagement & positive onboarding experience. Experience with meeting tight deadlines in a complex changing work environment while managing a high-volume workload is a must. This role requires someone to be dedicated to developing a strong, diverse, & collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business & willing to contribute where necessary including the ability to "roll up your sleeves."
- Develop & implement end to end strategy around RTR non exempt direct hiring
- Lead/coordinate recruiting, staffing, interviewing, testing & driving the selection of non-exempt positions
- Partner with Operators to concentrate recruiting efforts in needed areas of the business
- Source & participate in recruiting events & create community partnerships to develop a pipeline of non exempt talent in particular for technical roles
- Manage & source partnerships with vocational schools, regional & national dry cleaning & garment repair programs
- Monitor & analyze attrition, attendance & other key HR metrics to effectively make staffing recommendations to business partners
- Create & ensure implementation & compliance of all selection processes for non exempt positions including posting & advertisement of open roles
- Lead & coordinate the new hire onboarding processes
- Develop training programs internally & with external partners to create technical & skilled pathways to advancement within RTR including English proficiency programs
- Lead temp agency to RTR employment conversion process
- Communicate across all levels of the business
- Actively seek, design, implement & monitor HR processes for the team to ensure continuous improvement & enhancement of associate experience
- Be a leader of change
- B.S. degree in HR, business administration, or related field
- At least 5 years in a dedicated HR, Recruiting role with at least 3 years of progressively increased responsibilities
- 3 to 5 years experience hiring/staffing a large (several hundred) non exempt workforce
- Familiarity with NJ community & government organizations such as the NJ labor department, workforce planning, vocational schools & community job entry programs
- Ability to work independently & drive results without delegation to a team
- Ability to create, analyze, report & manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Strong written & verbal communication
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Have a positive, can-do attitude & excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as experience with an HRIS system & recruiting software; Workday & Greenhouse experience a plus
- Must operate with a sense of urgency & have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights & weekends as business dictates
Experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!