Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building features that you & your peers will love.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Gateways team, the software you write will run on tens of thousands of hypervisors across our global infrastructure network. You will be responsible for building the next generation of software-defined networking on our platform: providing flexible, yet simple, primitives that our customers have come to love.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Solving problems with distributed systems to reduce bottlenecks, single points of failures & inter-dependencies of our many regions.
- Designing & building highly efficient micro-services to enable new features & internal tooling around the virtual network stack.
- Diving deep into the ocean of highly available & fault-tolerant virtual networking.
- Using technologies & tools such as: Linux, Go, Open vSwitch, Prometheus, Ansible, Chef, MySQL, & others!
What We'll Expect From You:
- Expertise with at least two of the following languages: Go, Python, C/C++, Ansible, Chef
- Expertise building distributed systems using a microservices architecture
- Knowledge of networking & network layers
- Understanding of flexible & scalable datacenter technologies, like VxLan/STT, MPLS, EVPN, DPDK, OVS/OVN.
- Ability to self-organize & clearly communicate intent
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.