Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The primary role of the Clinical Oncology Specialist (COS) is to educate & support community based physicians with the most current study findings (abstracts & publications) supporting the clinical value of Guardant Health's product(s). As a COS, you will seek opportunities to engage with physicians to review real-world cases & provide feedback on interpretation of test report. You will seek opportunities to promote understanding & adoption of our novel diagnostic technologies. You identify opportunities for collaboration on relevant research projects & other projects of mutual interest.
In this role, you're also responsible for supporting Medical Affairs, Marketing & Managed Care; education & training of the sales team, & development of local/regional professional societies & health plan influencers to support test adoption. You may also evaluate & assist in draft/first author publications of case reviews with KOL co-authors within the community setting.
Intrinsic motivation, curiosity, persistence & collaboration will be critical to thrive in this role. You are excited about accelerating the advancement of patient care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop and/or maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with key community physicians, & KOLs to promote understanding & adoption of our novel diagnostic technologies
- Be a resource for community physicians to evaluate & provide guidance on interpretation of real-world patient test reports
- Present independently & support product adoption at community centers, with support from Sales & Marketing
- Identify & position KOLs to present at scientific forums such as national & regional specialty society meetings, as well as Grand Rounds & other medical events
- Support Managed Care Team in mobilizing physician & KOL calls & letters to payers/insurers in targeted campaigns
- Synopsize & educate key staff regarding emerging abstracts & publications relevant to molecular testing
- Facilitate opportunities for the Marketing & Medical Affairs teams to partner with KOLs for focus groups, PR events, working meetings & scientific forums
- Support clinical requests for information related to institutional guidelines or pathways
- Applies advanced knowledge of the biotechnology, diagnostics & pharmaceuticalindustry
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of company product specifications
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following computer software programs: Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel, & Word
- Ability to work independently & remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic
- Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks, work cross-team & at different levels of the organization, whether internal or external relationships to the organization
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in an ever-changing dynamic environment
- Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills & personal initiative
- Exceptional human relations skills to coordinate the accomplishment of tasks through other people
- Outstanding oral presentation skills
- Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce documents for dissemination both inside & outside the organization for presentations, technical briefs & scientific publications
- Ability to elicit & answer clinical questions in groups ranging from individuals to larger didactic roundtables & meetings
- Ability to address high-level experts in the scientific field at company-sponsored events & trade shows
- Excellent proofreading skills, with the ability to proof for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, & formatting of documents
Master's degree or clinical equivalent in a scientific field of study such as genetic counseling, nursing, pharmacy, medicine or related health sciences field
Clinical expertise or related experience in Oncology is highly desirable. Minimum of 3-5 years of healthcare experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
Experience working with clinicians to build consensus around new products and/or services
Track record of independent presentation at major academic centers or within the community setting resulting in product adoption
Prior experience in the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired
- Extensive travel required up to 3-4 days/overnights per week to meet with KOLs, attend physician education talks & conference, including specialty society scientific meetings (will require some weekend work). Travel is estimated to be approximately 50%
- Office may be home-based, & involves extensive use of computer & keyboard while in home office
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.