Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind technology to reduce the cost & complexity of dialysis. The Tablo Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home, represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the dialysis experience for patients & operationally simplifies it for providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime, anywhere, and by anyone. The integration of water purification & on-demand dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels, with 2-way wireless data transmission & a proprietary data analytics platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
Outset is seeking a talented software developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. In this role, you will architect, design, & develop mission-critical services, APIs & applications that require high availability, concurrency, multi-tenancy, & high scalability. You will be doing hands-on software development for Outsets digital products that will perform at scale, be supportable, & be extensible. The ideal candidate will have a solid engineering proficiency, consistent track record of solving critical business problems utilizing their engineering talent. This is a unique opportunity to work for a medical device startup, join a growing team, & have a large impact across multiple Outset platforms & products. We are always interested in strong technologists who are passionate to solve complex computer engineering problems, in a repeatable & maintainable way.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Design, develop & maintain robust, commercial-quality scalable web/mobile products & solutions with high availability & contribute to our existing web applications, APIs, & services.
- Build complex data platforms, & large-scale CI/CD data pipelines.
- Design & develop highly decoupled microservices that can handle complicated business flows & can interact with various 3rd party systems at scale.
- Work with the product & design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, & then translate that into a pragmatic & effective technical solution.
- Collaborate with the team to integrate analytics data flow & structural models into robust software solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
- Knowledge & Familiarity with web technologies & scalable cloud development (HTTP, RESTful APIs, Spring, SpringBoot, Kafka, Docker, Swagger) & related tools like Jenkins, CI/CD, Git, etc.
- Competent in designing & building scalable web services & REST APIs that are secure, scalable, & performant.
- Proficiency in SQL as well as NoSQL database technologies. Experience with Postgres & Snowflake preferred. AWS experience is a strong plus.
- Thorough understanding of architectural & implementation principles for web app & services development.
- Passion for writing high-quality, reliable code; unit & integration tests; & clear & concise documentation.
- Experience working in a small development team following the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
- Strong CS fundamentals, solid knowledge of OOP/OOD, design patterns.
- Solid understanding of concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs, Message Queue, Distributed/Scalable Architecture.
- Working knowledge of AWS tools & services (ECS, managed DB services like dynamo, lambda, API gateway, SNS SQS, multi-region setup, cloud front, cloud formation, Cognito).
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills & can work effectively with a diversity of personalities.
- Must be approachable, show respect for others, & be able to present data effectively to different audiences.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail & accuracy.
- Flexible in the daily schedule, tasks required, & problem-solving, while maintaining compliance with company policies & procedures.