1 Big Thing: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format and, more recently, have begun to focus on building innovative communications products. We are hiring a Creative Strategist to serve as a leader in our growing Brand Studio.
Why it Matters: Our Creative Strategist will manage projects & team members within our Brand Studio to create custom content narratives for our partners that are cohesive across all of our various platforms. This person will also work with potential partners in the RFP & pitch development process & will ensure our Studio constantly goes above & beyond for our client partners.
Go Deeper: Ideal candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be highly collaborative, exhibit strong emotional intelligence, & have the following experience:
- Proven track record of turning a brands narrative into a compelling creative campaign
- Combination of experience with branded video, branded writing & events
- Belief in the Axios style of journalism & branded story-telling
- Extremely adaptable: weve been incredibly disruptive in an industry that has been stagnant for years. Willingness & excitement to adapt to our style & products is a must.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work well with cross-functional leaders & teammates & get cross-functional team members working together toward a common goal
- Expert-level project management skills, ability to evaluate processes & improve operations to deliver all projects on time & under budget while exceeding partner expectations
- Proven track record as a leader & manager of multi-functional teams
- Agency or journalism experience is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Annual learning & development stipend