As part of our Legal Team, the Commercial Counsel will be the lead attorney for our fast growing enterprise business, while also overseeing a wide range of commercial, technology, privacy & other complex matters across various business lines. You will have the opportunity to work closely with business leads throughout the organization on creating the legal machinery necessary for Knotel to continue scaling at a rapid pace in the US & internationally.
What Youll Do:
- Provide practical legal advice to business functions in the US & internationally, with an emphasis on sales, operations, marketing, product, & commercial transactions generally
- Collaborate in the continuing development of a scalable business-centric machine to draft, negotiate & administer various enterprise sales, partnerships, vendor, licensing, & other complex agreements, using your experience to help define business terms & structure deals in a way that drives Knotel's growth
- Advise various Knotel teams on a full range of issues related to commercial contracting, software licensing, intellectual property, privacy, & data security, including compliance & implementation of various policies both domestically & internationally
- Counsel & educate teams on negotiation best practices, commercial implications & legal risks across various business lines
- Develop, implement & manage contract & document management strategies (including leveraging smart contract & related technology) that provide critical business intelligence to the organization
- Analyzing & leveraging data to increase efficiency across various legal workstreams
- Work closely with the Senior Counsel in developing long-term strategies & goals for Knotels global legal operations
- Adapt existing approaches for Knotels continued rapid international expansion
Who You Are:
You have an entrepreneurial spirit & product driven mindset. Youre excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business & this role is exciting to you because you want to build & improve internal processes, policies & products at a high growth company. You pride yourself on your judgement & ability to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis & decision-making. Youre detail-oriented, excel at communicating complex issues to business leaders succinctly & persuasively, & are able to prioritize & re-prioritize based on changing business needs. You also have the following:
- Have at least 4-6 years experience in commercial & technology transactions, including litigation management exposure, ideally at a top law firm & in-house
- Have a JD from a top accredited law school & exceptional academic credentials
- Are a member in good standing of the New York bar, or eligible to register as in-house counsel in New York
Knotel empowers companies to be their most productive by providing tailored, responsive spaces that flex to meet their evolving needs.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup & New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 100 locations across more than 2 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, & Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotels member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, & King. Visit Knotel.com to learn more.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Dont check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Dont Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home & give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal & back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure & sign up for the hairy challenges.
Where is it Engraved- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others & offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual & collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, & religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts & initiatives outlined here.