MakeSpace is looking for a Director, Engineering to help us scale our products & lead our engineering teams. Were making space more accessible to everyone with our full-service customer experience & full-featured technology products. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 24 cities across North America (and counting).
Were looking for a talented Director Engineering to join our technology team. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, youll be managing a set of growing engineering teams & will help us scale our product capabilities & business in cities across North America. You will work directly with our CTO & VP of Product to build structures & processes. This is an ideal role for managers looking to take the next step in their career or an existing manager looking to be more hands on. The role involves leading teams of engineers & setting technical direction & optimizing execution.
You can expect to:
- Organize, manage & coach the engineering team
- Collaborate on the product roadmap with our VP of Product to establish a clear direction & priorities across all areas & platforms
- Identify, advocate for, & pursue architecture & technical improvement opportunities
- Partner with Product managers & lead engineers to Define OKRs for your teams & a strong backlog of products & features.
- Maintain & grow diverse, high-performing teams that consistently deliver results
- Recruit & retain technical talent & help with our diversity efforts. Maintain & improve an effective engineering culture
- Establish collaborative working relationships with departments, stakeholders of our core products, such as Sales, Warehouse teams & Product
- Refine & improve our process with a goal of maximizing impact & business value
- You have extensive experience over several years at different companies, leading & managing teams, including distributed teams
- You have been a part of shipping several successful products, ideally across domains
- You have led teams to significant impact, & guided complex projects with internal & external stakeholders. Your teams & reports hold you in high regard since you drive teams to deliver their best work, & care about individuals
- You are a positive, inspiring, & supportive leader; a nurturer of talent
- You are confident in hiring & manager leadership positions across engineering disciplines. You support & advocate for Engineering team culture, values & standards
- You have an engineering mindset, can jump in & contribute to technical designs & improvements
- You are passionate about excellence & have the knowledge to instil an engineering team that delivers it
- You are a former senior or staff-level engineer with extensive professional software experience
- You have experience successfully leading teams for at least two companies
- A competitive compensation & equity package
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave & remote working policies
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Loads of other perks!
Our company culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. While our culture was built by sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry, we expect you to contribute to our culture to make it even betterand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.