At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
From day one, Lyfts mission has been to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, & traffic a thing of the past. Thats why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where were building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers & creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds & areas of expertise, & each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software & hardware experts work in brand new garages & labs in Palo Alto, California, & offices in London, England & Munich, Germany. And were moving at an incredible pace: were currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
In London, the Data Products team is working on accelerating autonomous driving by building value-added services & frameworks for petabytes of data collected on AVs, Simulation, Fleets, ML, etc. . This data enables us to tackle some of the hardest problems in self-driving, from building accurate & up-to-date 3D maps, to understanding human driving patterns, to increasing the sophistication of our simulation tests by having access to rare real-world driving situations. By leveraging this data, Lyft is uniquely positioned to develop safe, efficient, & intuitive self-driving systems.
- Work on high-impact projects & innovate new solutions to problems in the self-driving space
- Work with computer vision & machine learning engineers to process data for Level 5s autonomous vehicles
- Build & deploy production-quality services that can serve hundreds of requests per second
- Work on distributed systems that process & transform large quantities of data
- Build tools & dashboards to provide visibility to other teams
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience writing testable, modular code for safety-critical systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & collaborate across teams & disciplines
- Experience building APIs for web & mobile clients
- Experience building web services for real-time data processing
- Extensive experience in one of Go / Python / C++
- Hands-on experience with distributed systems using AWS or GCP
- Private health insurance, income protection, & life assurance benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme option to purchase a bike & accessories tax free
- Unlimited holiday
- 9 bank holidays
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application & hiring process. Please contact your Recruiter if you wish to make such a request.