Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating tactical & strategic plans for building & maintaining our core IT infrastructure.
We are looking for a seasoned IT system administrator to take our internal IT systems to the next level. Reporting to the Manager of IT, the Senior IT System Administrator will work to automate & expand our IT capabilities to help support our fast-growing company. You will have the opportunity to build brand new scalable Linux, MacOS, & Windows IT management infrastructure to support several hundred systems. Your solutions should follow our company value of Simplicity in all we DO by creating efficiencies & removing complexity from daily tasks.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Working independently to automate the deployment, administration, & maintenance of company Linux, Windows, & macOS IT systems.
- Automating existing processes & building new processes to improve IT operational efficiency.
- Administer day-to-day IT systems operations by proactively monitoring & resolving problems with end user accounts, computing environments, networking, anti-virus, productivity services, & disaster recovery components.
- Own IT projects in all areas of the company including cloud/server infrastructure, networking, data security, productivity, mobile devices, remote access, & web services.
- Provide for a stable & reliable computing environment by maintaining consistency among desktop & laptop computers by using automated system deployments & maintenance policies.
- Provide escalation support for & efficient resolution of IT problems, tracking all support interactions in the IT helpdesk system. Includes application-level support for: Device Management, Communications & Collaboration Suite, & Endpoint Detection & Response.
- Create & maintain system documentation for new user setup processes, end user training, device provisioning, mobile device configuration, & various aspects of IT systems.
What Well Expect From You:
- Proven experience with Linux, macOS, & Windows operating systems & day-to-day maintenance
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Experience with device management & provisioning
- Experience with Identity & access management
- Basic OpenLDAP administration experience
- Basic understanding of networking concepts & technologies
- Experience scripting in one or more of the following languages: Bash, Python, or PowerShell
- A passion for clear documentation & open communication
- Proven ability to learn!
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Security #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Security team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!