What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Director of Compensation & Benefits to join our growing team!
- Design, manage & administer compensation programs that support BlockFis global business needs, including base salary, incentive bonuses, & options
- Partner with business groups to address compensation program needs, with close partnership across each group on complex or varied compensation structures
- Evaluate competitive practices & positioning relative to the market & make recommendations to ensure our compensation & benefits plans are attractive & support BlockFi as we scale
- Develop & manage sources of market information, including surveys, professional associations & networking opportunities
- Manage compensation cycles including annual base salary, promotion, bonus & equity review cycles
- Collaborate with members of the People team to identify & develop compensation planning guidelines, & create manager training & employee communications associated with compensation cycles
- Enhance manager compensation acumen through the development of compensation guidelines & manager training, ensuring managers have the tools & knowledge necessary to make optimal compensation decisions
- Ensure employees understand & have access to information on our compensation & benefit programs & how those programs contribute to BlockFis employee value proposition
- Audit compensation programs to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations including but not limited to pay equity & FLSA on a global scale
- Research, analyze, & recommend benefits programs that support the needs of BlockFis diverse employee population
- Identify & manage working relationships with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors & consultants, ensuring quality delivery
- Oversee the management of BlockFis 401(k) plan including plan design, record-keeping & compliance
- Manage time-off guidelines & policies including PTO, FMLA, family leave & holiday policies; working cross-functionally to ensure policies are documented, communicated & administered correctly
- Collaborate with the People Infrastructure & Experience teams on benefit plan changes that require changes to our TriNet benefits application & payroll deductions
- Participate in other cross-functional projects & initiatives, as needed
- Build & run a high performing compensation & benefits team
- BA/BS in HR or business related field
- Masters or advanced degree strongly preferred
- 8+ years experience managing a compensation & benefits function, preferably in high-growth organizations
- Proven track record of developing compensation & benefits programs & effective processes that support organization culture, values & business strategy
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment that is dynamic & subject to rapid change
- Experience managing external service providers including consulting relationships, benefit plan providers & administrative service contracts
- Strong project management & prioritization skills that enable effective management of multiple projects & competing deadlines
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills, with the strong executive presence & ability to communicate cross-functionally with all levels of leadership across the organization
- Ability to build strong business partnerships & work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders at all levels, including senior management
- Expertise in defining, stating expectations, & objectives by working collaboratively with team members to complete all related follow up & improvement measures
- Create problem solver with a bias to action & a mind set that no job is too big or too small to be done the right way
- Highest level of integrity & management of confidential information
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand