Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
- Own all contact with all our future WorldRemit-ers (WRers), being a friendly point of contact & coordinating their first day, setting the positive tone for their new joiner experience
- Oversee all pre & post new hire work such as processing background checks, reference checks, welcome emails, & all onboarding such as I-9s, eco-passes & systems set-up
- Process payroll on a bi-monthly basis.
- Work with different departments to arrange & run the Inductions, coordinating our Buddy System so our new joiners get the most from their buddy
- Oversee the departure of all employees, ensuring every leaver has an arranged exit interview
- Conduct face to face follow up exit interviews with leavers
- Ensure all HR data is processed with the utmost attention to detail & all our HR systems hold up to date, accurate data
- Providing accurate & timely reporting on HR statistics for our internal & external stakeholders
- Act as the main point of contact for all HR queries, providing basic guidance to managers & employees & escalating where necessary
- Administer all HR documentation such as promotion, salary review, secondment, references & employee variation letters
- Work with the People & Office Management team on all People focused initiatives
- Generate ideas to link social committee events to our employee experience
- Work closely with our People Business Partners to push your own learning in HR & all things people related
- Collaborate & promote teamwork with the People Team & share knowledge & expertise
- Managing administrative requiring for recruiting, including ownership of Greenhouse
Summary of required experience & attributes
- A well-rounded HR generalist, you will have broad experience across all the relevant disciplines, gained in a fast paced, preferably customer services environment.
- With naturally strong EQ & tenacity, you will instill confidence in stakeholders at all levels. A low-ego & consultative personality, your influencing skills will gain their confidence.
- Human Resources foundations 1+ years work experience with a broad knowledge of full cycle HR disciplines including recruitment, onboarding, benefits & payroll, reward, engagement, development, ER & performance management. Natural focus on continuous process improvement.
- Strong Communication skills: well developed advisory skills & the ability to gain credibility & exercise influence. Able to deliver clear, direct, messages & build strong relationships.
- Self-starter: high level of energy & drive, able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Team player: visible contributor, collaborating & sharing knowledge.
- Solution-focused thinker: empathy, can-do attitude & mature decision-making skills.
- This is a great opportunity to join a newly strengthened People team at HQ & contribute to shaping this fast growing, dynamic organization in the next stage of our journey.