Job Title: US HR Lead
Reporting to: US General Manager
Location: Richmond, VA
Liberis is transforming business finance. We use the latest technology to make it simple & flexible for small businesses to secure funding. Since our inception we have helped more than 15,000 small businesses access over $500 million in funding. We believe that small businesses are the economic lifeblood of local communities, yet they continue to be underserved by traditional banks & financial services organizations. We are committed to supporting them by:
- Offering simple, fair finance to small businesses to help them thrive
- Providing easy access to flexible funding through our innovative technology platform
- Empowering our partners with finance solutions to increase the lifetime value of their small business customers.
We are in a very exciting period of growth across the globe, with teams based in the UK, US, & Scandinavia. As we continue to grow, we are looking for talented & ambitious individuals to join us to reshape business finance & continue to support our partners & customers in the underserved SME market.
We are proud to have been included in The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 as one of the 100 fastest growing FinTechs in the UK for two years running.
Who are we?
In early 2019 we launched in the US & are disrupting small business funding by being champions for small businesses throughout the country. We have teammates in Denver, Boston, & Richmond VA. Liberis is partnering with companies by leveraging our data & technology to seamlessly integrate & support their merchants.
Who are you?
- You have a bachelors degree in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education & experience
- You have 3-5 years of HR generalist experience
- Knowledge of basic business & customer service principles, including planning & organizing, resource management & leadership skills
- You consider yourself to be detail oriented with strong organizational skills & ability to work independently with the ability to demonstrate accuracy & thoroughness. You are also capable of monitoring own work to ensure quality.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office
- You have strong written & oral communication skills with the demonstrated ability to represent information one on one or to a group.
- You are flexible & able to meet the changing demands of the business.
What will you be doing here?
The HR Leadis responsible for supporting HR-related duties on a professional level & works closely with senior HR & line management in supporting designated business objectives. This position carries out responsibilities in multiple functional areas including benefits & compensation, payroll, employee relations, performance management, policy implementation, & employment law compliance. Well count on your skills & years of experience to be a champion of company values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations & a bright future for yourself & Liberis.
In terms of key responsibilities, you will:
- Provide employee relations guidance to employees & advice to management within scope of position; identify & actively respond with sensitivity to the needs of employees & business leaders. Assist with investigating a variety of employee-related issues, incidents & complaints; resolve disputes & recommend appropriate/remedial actions
- Ensure compliance with State & Federal laws & regulations; review & understand recent & changing employment-related laws & guidelines & communicate them to employees
- Assist with developing & implementing programs regarding HR policies, procedures & information. Communicate, interpret & administer in a fair, equitable & consistent manner - HR policies & procedures
- Support continuous initiatives. Documents current processes & procedures & leads the effort to maintain & create processes that support the business & department.
- Administer & communicate benefits to employees based on company policies & procedures & established benefit programs. Serve as lead for annual enrollment. Liaise with benefit vendors.
- Support recruitment by working with recruiting lead & hiring manager refine job profiles, provide market-based compensation analysis, lend thought leadership on recruitment strategy. Coordinates & executes new associate orientation ensuring all documents are distributed, signed & returned. Assist in hiring & selection of talent.
- Manage bi-weekly payroll processing
You may also:
- Assist in coaching, mentoring, & training to managers & leaders to develop competencies & leadership capabilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What can we offer you?
We are committed to creating an open, supportive & flexible work environment that provides our employees access to industry-leading opportunity. We are proud to have been recognised by Great Place to Work as one of the UKs Best (Medium) Workplaces, as well as the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace For Women & a center of Excellence For Wellbeing. We are a values-driven & culturally diverse community & we welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of gender, race, age, sexual-orientation or background.
We are passionate about empowering our people to make a real difference for our customers & for their own careers.We run a variety of initiatives to support our employees development from lunch & learn sessions to peer mentoring & formal training courses