LendingHome is re-imaginingthe mortgage process from the ground up by combining innovative technology with an experienced team. Our goal is to create a seamless, transparent process that transforms the mortgage process from end to end.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access & simplified a way for people to get financing & generate wealth through real estate. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $4 billion dollars worth of loans across 15,000+ projects, en route to becoming the largest fix & flip lender in the country. Combining the best technology & the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has raised $167MM in venture capital, has grown to a team of over 300, & has been featured on the Forbes Fintech 50 list for two years running. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
The objective of the closing department is to efficiently bring a loan transaction to closure by accurately drawing documents both to the requirements of our investors & to the request of our borrower clients. They must also protect the company integrity through thoughtful review of all closing conditions & requirements involving, but not limited to accurate reconciliation of fund disbursement, on point communication to all settlement agents, & timely coordination of 3rd party documents (hazard insurance, flood insurance, & title commitments). The Funding Specialist is responsible for guiding our loans after the loan closing documents have been prepared through the funding & closing of the loan. Along the way, you will foster relationships with our closing agents, brokers & borrowers, as well as internal team members as you work with them to make the process of borrowing through LendingHome smooth & simple.
- Work with the loan origination team, closing agents & borrowers to ensure a quick, accurate & pleasant closing experience
- Ensure timely & accurate processing of loans once the loans enter your queue, including but not limited to:
- Reviewing signed closing documents to ensure all documents are present & have been signed properly & ensure all conditions have been met
- Requesting wire to be sent
- Following up for any post closing documents
- Speak up & suggest improvements wherever you see an opportunity
- Adhere to & comply with all applicable federal & state laws & company policies
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or as assigned by the supervisor
- Propose improvement to our closing process, to make it as efficient & pleasant as possible
- You have an Associate or Bachelors degree, or
- 3-5 years experience in document drawing and/or funding; escrow officer or insurance agent experience a plus
- Track record as a self-starter, with excellent time management skills, & a strong desire to learn
- You have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions
- You have excellent written & oral communication skills
- Open to feedback, comfortable speaking up & asking questions & able to follow a proven process
- You are flexible & can work in a dynamic environment of rapid change in procedures & prioritization
- You have excellent technology skills, including: Microsoft Word & Excel, Google Docs & Sheets, Adobe Acrobat; & you love learning new technology
- If you have experience in the residential or business purpose mortgage space (post closing or loan operations), thats excellent. If not, we have a training program designed to build skills youll use throughout your career & life
LendingHome in the News
Benefits & Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, & move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches & Bagel Wednesdaysand don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks & drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, & passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent & welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions & a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, & vision plans ensure that your mind & body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer