As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
This role will live in the Revenue part of the organization which handles Vox Medias marketing & advertising partnerships with brands & clients. It will report to the Head of Operations & Development, & partner closely with all teams within Revenue, People & Culture, & Office Operations, as well as team leads, people managers, & directly with employees. With these partnerships, this person is responsible for continuing to create a workplace at Vox Media where people want to work, & where people will want to stay once they work here.
Please note this role will be remote until September 2021 when we plan to fully re-open our offices. While we do have employee hubs in SF, LA, CHI, DC & employees are remote, this person will need to be based in New York City starting September 2021 given the number of employees & events that will need to be planned & executed. They will need to be available in the office & at on-site locations for events, & can set their in-person schedule otherwise.
You should apply if:
- You have an interest in the advertising & marketing industry, whether youre already in the industry or looking to get into the industry.
- You believe that people are essential to running a successful business, & have created touch points, systems & initiatives that enable people to love where they work.
- Youre an advocate for diversity, equity & inclusion. You know race, gender, sexual orientation, age, ableism & the intersectionality of identities can impact workplace experiences. You have successfully adapted & evolved programming, communications, events, & initiatives with the consideration of different experiences.
- You can connect with, & build relationships with anyone, anywhere. Youre a people person who would like to bring those skills to a work environment.
- You have exceptional time management, communication, & organizational skills, & pride yourself on attention to detail. Youre able to track multiple projects moving at different speeds, share timely updates with key stakeholders where needed, & create focus around areas that require increased attention.
What youll do:
- Scale virtual & in-person employee events, meetings & workshops in a hybrid work model, with a focus on employee engagement
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders, Learning & Development & People & Culture on programming for internship & fellowship initiatives
- Collaborate with people management & employees to brainstorm, design, schedule, execute & measure career development, employee engagement & diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives
- Own & elevate onboarding & new hire experiences which currently includes department 101s & overviews, meeting senior leadership & adding new hires to all communication & workflow channels
- Maintain & manage team wikis to ensure information is timely, accessible & easy to navigate
- Manage & track the organizations individual professional development fund to ensure smooth operations, & to identify trends & learnings that apply to other areas
- Work on projects as needs arise in organizational effectiveness, knowledge sharing, team & social events, onboarding, career development & diversity, equity & inclusion
- Evaluate ongoing approaches for opportunities of improvement, applying best practice to consistently elevate our standards
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.