WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 450+ buildings in 28+ countries & will be our rare advantage as the company continues to grow.
The Infrastructure Engineering group is part of the Developer Platform whose mission is to drive our customers success by delivering the software, services, & infrastructure they need to build WeWork products. We focus on providing cross-organization dependency visibility, improving cost & efficiency to achieve the companys goals. We provide a foundation & an environment to foster the next generation of people building the software & services that will enrich all of our lives for generations to come!
- You will meet customers, gather requirements & ensure the foundation services are aligned with their needs & success
- You will own best practice & standardization for the technology organization.
- You will be hands-on with cloud technology & manage problems & incidents
- You will mentor the development of your team, building & executing on their personal development plans that map to our organization goals.
- You will recruit & hire talented engineers to join the SRE group.
- You will improve efficiency, reliability & scalability of the WeWork technology
- You have 5+ years of software development & support, reliability, or operations engineering experience.
- You have 4+ years of successful engineering management experience in a technical operations environment
- Previous operational responsibility for business critical production systems
- You possess strong leadership skills & the ability to motivate teams.
- You have the ability to work in a dynamic & hyper growth work environment.
- You are capable of leading a discussion with upper management.
- You are ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
Nice to have
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
- Microservices concepts
- On-call rotation duty experience
- Reverse proxy experience
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.