Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about sharing our message.
We are looking for an ambitious communications associate to help facilitate, manage, & advance internal & external communications at DigitalOcean. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, the communications associate will support various internal & external communications initiatives. As a member of the communications team, you will contribute to ensuring the right messages reach the right audiences at the right times.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Support facilitation of internal & external communications, including All Hands meetings, roundtables with executive leadership, media relations, & tracking & reporting of results.
- Contribute to internal & external strategic communication planning for the company.
- Create new & improve existing communications channels for driving messaging to reach employees & external audiences.
- Build & maintain relationships with key internal communications stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders to brainstorm & contribute new engaging communication campaigns or opportunities that support various internal & external initiatives.
- Support the measurement & evaluation of internal & external communication efforts.
What Well Expect From You:
- 1-2 years experience in a communications role.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- An excitement to work on high-visibility projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative mindset with a strong attention to detail.
- A passion for technology, development, & the cloud.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**This position may be located in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!