As the Senior HR Manager for the NEWARK, NJ Distribution Center, you will oversee the Human Resources function for the facility. You will manage a team of 4 & report to the Associate Director, People. Your position will require you to partner with Operations Leadership & develop relationships across departments.
- Oversee core HR functions, ensuring to align projects, & projects to goals & company strategy.
- Build a performance-driven culture through the development of performance management coaching & counseling techniques.
- Keep a pulse on employee engagement & needs, gain insights from employee off-boarding & exit interviews.
- Manage HR operations at our Distribution Center & offer support to employees, compensation support & communication, onboarding/off-boarding, leave management & workers' compensation, benefits administration, HR data management, employee relations, immigration & reporting.
- Review, interpret, administer & ensure compliance with federal, state, & local employment laws, & company procedures partnering with Employee Relations & legal on any agency charge responses.
- Manage a small team consisting of our HRBP, Senior associate, Associate, & Office Coordinator.
- Provide training support to all levels of employees.
- Meet with the Management team to understand business goals & future staffing needs & develop alternative staffing sources.
- Strategize with management to recruit new hires based on production requirements.
- Provide coaching to team members regarding employment issues in such areas as policy application, coaching & corrective action, leaves of absence, development plans & terminations.
- Conduct interventions, fact-findings & resolve conflicts as they arise.
- Provide, coach, & guide technical & nontechnical training for Distribution Center Supervisors & non-exempt associates.
- Participate in special projects as assigned
- Maintain complex spreadsheets for HR metrics & Google Suites.
- Think creatively & use data to improve efficiency in a production focused operational environment
- Develop an employee & labor relations strategy to promote employee engagement
- 5+ years of experience in progressive Human Resources positions, with a depth of experience in HR operations, benefits, compensation, & HR data management.
- Experience handling employee relations issues & coaching managers.
- Experience with benefits, leaves of absence, legal compliance (COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA), & performance reviews.
- Knowledge of HR/labor laws
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience
- HRCI/SHRM certified, PHRca
- Excellent follow through & "Make it happen" attitude.
- written & verbal/nonverbal skills. You will demonstrate empathy toward employees & serve as their trusted resource.
- Have a successful track record in change management, & have used an HR Business partner model to transform processes.
- A collaborative leadership style with the ability to partner with business leaders to build high functioning teams
- Great compensation package & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, & paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child & adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company