Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We are looking for a senior leader to spearhead our efforts to improve the efficacy of our investment in Digital Oceans global infrastructure.
Reporting to our CFO, this executive will be responsible for directing all purchasing done by the company with a primary focus on the technical components needed to drive our global cloud business, primarily servers, that reside across 12 business data centers worldwide. In addition, this executive will be involved with all other purchasing done by the company with particular emphasis on software needed to support the countrys functional departments. This executive will lead the process of evaluating suppliers, conducting interviews with vendors, negotiating supplier agreements & managing supplier & vendor contracts. With annual purchasing in excess of $100 million this will be a critical role for the company.
DigitalOcean is a highly collaborative company. You will be engaging with business teams from engineering, product, marketing, sales, finance & people, to assist them in the investments they need to drive the business forward.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Direct all strategic procurement activity for the company & support the companys objectives regarding revenue growth, profitability, customer satisfaction
- Coordinate corporate wide supplier sourcing strategy by partnering with best in class suppliers & collaboration with internal cross functional partners
- Manage supplier performance using objectives & metrics to provide best in class supply assurance & flexibility, acquisition of enabling technology, capital acquisitions, cost management & risk mitigation
- Leverage total spend of the company to get best in class price terms & conditions
- Manage all strategic supplier relationships enabling preferential treatment of price, terms, service, access to new technology
- Manage the procurement team & related performance metrics for staff & suppliers
- Implement & manage best practices for the corporate function including corporate planning, buying/contracting, risk management & mitigation
- Assurance of supply for goods, services, capital acquisitions to meet revenue & customer satisfaction objectives on time
- Cost reductions versus corporate targets to contribute to gross margin performance of the company
- Management of strategic executive relationships with suppliers/partners as evident by preferred customer treatment & prioritization
- Acquisition of key technologies, enabling product roadmap & offerings
- Responsive to upside opportunities to meet customer needs as well as managing downside exposure & risk.
- Supplier performance as measured by Quarterly Business Review scorecards
What Well Expect From You:
- Supply Chain Management or Business degree preferred or related area (finance, economics)
- Senior level experience in a high tech company managing all aspects of strategic corporate procurement
- Proven experience in managing executive level strategic supplier relationships
- Industry knowledge in aerospace, telecom, data storage, computers, government, business
- Demonstrated negotiation skills in strategic buying/contracting
- Objectives/metrics driven executive supporting the top level objectives for the company
- Team player with proven collaboration skills across company functions & external partners
- Strategic thinker contributing to the longer term objectives of the business in terms of revenue growth customer satisfaction & profitability
- Person of integrity who operates at a high level of ethical behavior
- Customer service oriented & responsive to the changing demands of the business & customer needs
- Experience with scaling data centers globally/regionally
- Extensive Knowledge of key suppliers/providers of servers, memory, storage networks.
- Management experience of CM/ODM since this may be a longer term sourcing strategy
- Executive level negotiation skills
- Broad cost management experienced across various spend categories
- Experience on managing executive relationships with top suppliers
- Process, Data & metrics driven for results
- Expert in collaborating cross functionally
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commuting allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, Ma & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses-paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!