Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We are passionate about engaging communities of developers.
As the Open Source Community Relations Manager, you will be responsible for fostering the adoption & activation of DigitalOcean in the Open Source space. You will take the lead on building & managing programs that highlight the open source community & drive awareness & engagement for DigitalOcean.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Build & execute a strategy for programs to engage, support, & delight our community members & bring more open source projects to DigitalOcean.
- Identify & cultivate strategic relationships with current & potential partners in the context of leading Open Source projects & organizations.
- Manage the open source sponsorship to identify & review potential/current projects that are aligned to DigitalOcean community goals & values.
- Work closely with the Developer Relations Team to ensure that content & engagement is optimal for the DigitalOcean community.
- Enable Open Source projects to move to DigitalOcean with sponsorship & relationship management. Set expectations, provide them support, training, advice for migrations facilitation.
- Develop & execute the collaboration strategy for key projects, as well as co-marketing campaigns, communication, & initiative execution.
- Act as a liaison between internal teams at DigitalOcean & project maintainers to communicate the product roadmap, feature requests, & to help support continued education.
What Well Expect From You:
- You have significant experience running community advocacy programs, preferably open source in nature.
- In-depth knowledge of the Open Source ecosystem.
- Prior experience developing relationships with Open Source communities.
- Analytical & data-driven in your approach to building & nurturing communities.
- You have experience facilitating sensitive & complex community situations with humility, empathy, judgment, tact, & humor.
- Familiarity with developer tools, cloud technologies, Git, Continuous Integration, Containers, Kubernetes, & other technologies in the Cloud Native landscape.
- Proven experience in engaging with the open source community & running large programs at scale to support the community.
- You're a highly motivated self-starter, always looking for the next thing to which youd like to devote your heart & mind. You can own & drive initiatives with minimal guidance & direction, but know yourself well enough to ask for help when appropriate.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills with a knack for breaking down complicated concepts into digestible, approachable explanations.
- Proven record of creating & maintaining relationships in the OSS community demonstrating deep empathy, engagement, & enthusiasm.
- Deep familiarity with best practices in open source software community management.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!