Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology & quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention & build connections with consumers on the most important screen today the phone. Through Kargos high-end editorial alliance of world-class publisher partners, as well as its proprietary advertising automation tools & award-winning creative studio, brands & agencies have the ability to reach 100% of smartphone users in the United States with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. Kargo & Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the companys growth & achievements, including: Adweek Mobile Innovator (2017), Business Insiders Hottest Pre-IPO Ad-Tech Startups list (2015 & 2016), the Crains New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 & 2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016), the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY award (2016), Great Place to Work (2017), Top 25 Workplaces in NYC (2017), & the 5000 list (2015, 2016 & 2017). Kargo employs 175 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Auckland & Sydney.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) & LinkedIn (Kargo).
Kargo is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst Intern! The selected intern will work within Kargos Business Intelligence & Pricing group that aims to maximize revenue & efficiently execute business functions through the delivery of data dashboards & pricing analytics. Kargo is organized into several key departments, each acting as crucial components to drive business.
The ideal intern will be comfortable working in large ambiguous data sets. Being able to view what information each respective department needs to succeed is critical to the success of the Business Intelligence & Pricing team. No prior experience with Business Intelligence tools is required to be successful in this role, but learning them should be of great interest. A STEM background with some experience (and interest) in data science and/or statistical analysis is critical.
The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August & all internship positions are paid.
What Youll Do:
- Using Looker, Kargos primary BI tool to construct insightful & easily to understand dashboards.
- Work with Sales, Account Management, Finance & Engineering professionals to assess what data needs respective teams & departments might face.
- View dashboarding creation through a lens that values automation.
What Youll Learn:
- Big data experience. Kargo owns an impressive amount of data. The selected intern will get hands on experience dealing with enormous data sets that they will help aggregate to dashboards that deliver useful insights & answers to employees on the fly.
- Ad tech experience. Ad tech is one of the most complicated industries in existence. Youll work with sharp ad tech professionals that will take their time in educating you on the ad tech business ecosystem, where Kargo sits within it, & also how we use our data to make money.
- Looker, Googles most recent BI-related acquisition, is Kargos tool of choice for dashboarding. Youll learn the ins & outs of the tool & become a true expert regarding BI solutions in complex organizations.
- Working towards or have recently earned a Bachelors degree in a related field (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or STEM majors)
- A roll up your sleeves mentality.
- A can do attitude that believes that anything is possible with the right attitude.
- Someone that isnt afraid to think inside the box but flourishes in environments that require outside of the box thinking.
- Moderate experience with SQL and/or data analysis, spreadsheets (Google Sheets/Excel).
- Available to work in New York City up to 40 hours a week from June 15, 2020 - August 21, 2020.