About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
In this position you will serve as critical support to our Chief People Officer, providing administrative support in all day to day needs. You will be expected to manage her calendar, keep her organized, informed, & on time. You will also support the broader People team in administrative tasks & special projects. In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to interface with a diverse group of important executives internally & externally, acting as a key representative of the RTR brand.
You are the right fit for this position if you are incredibly organized, passionate about Rent the Runway, proactive & scrappy. To be successful in this role, you must be able to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast paced environment, juggle lots of projects & deadlines at once, & have a proven track record of excellence in a similar work environment.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief People Officer, managing all aspects of her calendar & schedule including: phone & video calls, appointments, meetings, interviews, travel, transportation, etc.
- Act as a liaison with key business partners, including high-level executives & business leaders, board members, high profile candidates, vendors, etc.
- Understand business priorities & act accordingly, using best judgement as to which meetings & interviews need to be prioritized, which meetings cannot be moved, etc. always approaching scheduling conflicts with a can-do approach
- Support communication, organization & general business needs as necessary, creating & maintaining documents, folders, filing systems, databases, etc.
- Develop & distribute presentations/materials for meetings as needed
- Own special projects related to the People Team or as directed by the CPO
- Support the onboarding process & people operations function by owning key administrative tasks & ensuring paperwork is properly processed
- Handle HR business expenses, including reconciling corporate card accounts & creating/ submitting expense reports
- Bachelors degree & 2-4 years of prior administrative experience in an administrative HR function
- Relevant work experience in a startup, ecommerce and/or technology based company preferred, or company with similar pace & structure
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to handle sensitive & confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact & diplomacy
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced environment & demonstrate ability to juggle multiple competing tasks, deadlines, personalities, long & short term projects, etc.
- Must be able to interact & communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization including senior executives, board members, etc.
- Extreme attention to detail in composing, typing & proofing materials, establishing priorities & meeting deadlines
- Must be forward thinking & constantly one step ahead
- Must be able to appropriately handle confidential information & use best judgment for sharing information
- Proficiency in corporate Gmail & Google Docs preferred