VaynerCommerce is a Growth Engineering Firm. Initiated in 2018, it officially launched in 2020 as a new type of firm for modern brands to partner with to drive sustainable growth. VaynerCommerce is a digital-first firm that takes an engineering approach to driving sustainable growth. It was started by former early Shopify Plus employees, & was born from the frustration that brands were left with no good options in the market when it came to building sustainable online customer growth. VaynerCommerce services as a strategic partner, with an implementation arm across data science, engineering, design, financial modeling, media & creative, & merchandising for brands that want to sustainably grow their Direct-to-consumer business. VaynerCommerce works across Fortune 100, Venture Capital, & Private Equity-backed consumer brands.
Were rigorous about how we build our team, & the work we focus on. Were building some of the most complex solutions in the world of Commerce which requires hard work, collaborative teams, & creative problem solving.
What You Will Do:
The Editor supports VaynerCommerce growth engagement & strategy teams by executing high level editing & motion graphics for video, images, email, & SMS. Editors will work closely with Creative Strategists & Creators to turn out data driven, high converting video, imagery, & email.
You are the unfiltered engine of the volume model. You live to make & connect with consumers with your unique methods of storytelling. You have 5 key areas that you excel at:
- Your strong sense for pacing & watchability allows you to edit great ads that people want to watch.
- Working with text. You can create great designs by overlaying text on images, & come up with new & interesting ways to animate text in video.
- Your amazing skillset enables you to develop new styles of editing rather than simply relying on what has already been done.
- You work well with a team. You can incorporate historical learnings & feedback from Strategists in order to create the best performing creative possible.
- A strong understanding of how long things take, & an ability to communicate that to the team.
What We're Looking For:
- Edit & design large volumes of content across multiple media platforms & tools, with guidance from creative leadership
- Stellar editing skills with a strong sense for storytelling, pacing, watchability, & creative use of text.
- Create content that pulls consumer attention & drives both Click-through & Conversion
- Support Senior Creators & Creative Lead with ideation & with planning our productions with the edit in mind.
- Collaborate with your teammates & cross-funcitonal departments on rapid fire requests & tight timelines
- Attend creative brainstorms, kick offs, & team meetings contributing ideas & design strategy formulation
Experience / Knowledge Required:
- 5+ years professional editing experience, with a demonstrable passion for making creative content on a spectrum of media platforms - social, streaming, AR, music, film, interactive, etc.
- Experience Editing with advanced level of proficiency in Premiere Pro & an intermediate or better understanding of After Effects.
- Additional experience with any of the following is a plus
- Art/Design: Adobe Suite / Google Slides / Canvaa
- Writing: Google Docs / Word
- Ability to try new things within an edit & consistently come up with new high-converting ways to present information to a viewer.
- Responsible, accountable, & self starter who consistently demonstrates initiative
- Strong ability to collaborate with the individuals of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork & positive results.
- Passionate about lead generation, retention marketing, & driving bottom line results. Loves growth hacking
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial company & drive immediate results
- Youre incredibly passionate about the Direct-To-Consumer space
- You love to push the boundaries of creative thinking & content
- Youre not romantically attached to creative but instead love to leverage data & insights to inform your creative approach