Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr; we transform information about real-time world events into actionable alerts. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact, critical & breaking information, enabling them to act faster & stay one step ahead.
Our groundbreaking technology detects, classifies, & determines the significance of public information. We have revolutionized the way relevant information reaches the right people in corporate security, news, the public sector, & finance.
We've been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds while also receiving numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including being recognized by CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & being named to the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes in 2017.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact both as an individual & as a member of our innovative engineering team. Dataminr was founded in 2009 & is backed by the worlds leading venture & growth technology investors so youll have the support of an established company while enjoying the flexible & creative work environment of a successful, high-growth tech startup. Why join a huge tech company where youll be one of thousands? At Dataminr, youll make a difference immediately & contribute to our product & analytics pipelines that process streaming data at scale. The problems we solve are meaningful - our engineering solutions really help people when every second counts. Come join us!
Who you are:
You're an experienced Senior Data Pipeline Engineer interested in working in both streaming & batch processing environments [Kafka streaming, Kinesis, Spark, SCALA, Java], writing, upgrading & scheduling ETLs that produce meaningful analytic insights for an innovative, data-intensive product. You excel at integrating data from different sources, you are intellectually curious about analytics frameworks & you are well-versed in the advantages & limitations of various big data architectures & technologies. You are also comfortable using SQL for exploratory analyses & data validation. Importantly, you understand the importance of communication in engineering & how essential it is to appreciate business metrics & business needs when building out new data analytics pipelines. You have a history of mentoring other engineers, you give your time generously & you know when to ask for help.
You will be a lead data engineer responsible for architecting & building highly-performant & maintainable analytic pipelines with the best of current technologies including both batch & streaming environments. You will write & maintain ETLs & APIs & consult with other teams on how to improve theirs. You will schedule jobs & manage workflows in support of both product & our AI/Data Science pipeline, & youll be introduced to our unique ingest & processing pipelines that turn publicly available data into breaking, real-world alerts that are routed to our customers all over the world. In the first month, youll
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our data processing pipelines & data structures with overview sessions & deep dives with your team.
- contribute code to production systems.
Within 3 months, youll:
- share responsibility for ETLs & APIs with other members of your team.
- help to plan new infrastructure features & improvements.
- begin to take more of a role in helping others understand our analytics strategy.
Within 6 months, youll:
- own an area of the analytics platform.
- design & implement pipelines that impact multiple teams across the company.
- be influential in helping plan the next iteration of our analytics platform.
- bring new ideas to our engineering & analytics processes to help us continuously improve.
The way we work:
To maintain our momentum, we need a talented, diverse team of people committed to the idea that real-time information can be a force for good in the world.
- We take initiative, ownership, & are accountable.
- We work urgently & thoughtfully & are driven to constantly improve.
- We share knowledge, consider varied perspectives, & assume positive intent.
- We are commercially minded & deliver measurable results.
- We maintain a sense of humor & humility.
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.