Brex is revolutionizing financial services for businesses, starting with corporate cards for startups. We are building the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features & a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms & industry veterans such as Peter Thiel & Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, & were looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven & diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, & comfort learning new technologies. Most importantly, were looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, & needs.
As the Due Diligence Senior Manager on the Brex Compliance team, you will be instrumental in ensuring we are setting a high standard for financial, regulatory, & legal compliance. In this role, you will build the operational component of the BSA/AML/OFAC compliance program. The Compliance team makes critical decisions that impact product development. Judgment, competence, & the ability to collaborate across the business are keys to success. Working in a fast-growing FinTech startup also demands that we are problem solvers & comfortable operating in a rapidly-changing environment.
What Youll Do
- Work closely with Brexs Corporate Compliance team to drive strategic planning on organizational structure, quarterly goals, creation/streamlining processes, tool development, & setting Objectives & Key Results (OKRs)
- Understand regulatory requirements; with emphasis on applicable requirements that include due diligence standard methodologies, sanction screening requirements, customer identification program, & anti-money laundering protocols
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for customer due diligence (CDD) & enhanced due diligence (EDD) for existing high-risk customers & applicants
- Liaise with all relevant business partners, both internally & externally (e.g. Risk, Sales, etc.)
- Assist with regulatory examinations, audits, inquiries & similar reviews of Brex activity
- Help establish & monitor reporting metrics
- Lead, train, hire & coach a staff of due diligence analysts
What You Will Bring
- 5-7+ years of compliance operations experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Proven knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance requirements
- Experience working for a financial institution required; startup experience a plus
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills & interpersonal skills to work optimally with internal & external partners
- Detail-oriented, accurate, organized & able to set & meet targets
- Ability to multi-task & adapt to shifting priorities
- CAMS certification a plus