Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform & provides powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible
Our platform has robust analytics tools that can tell video creators where people are from, where they click, & even track where in a video someone stopped watchinggiving you insight into creating engaging content in the future.
As a Lead Data Engineer on the Data team, you will create infrastructure & services that provide access to event streams. You will work with our business teams as well as other engineering teams to help define data access & discoverability requirements & implement systems to satisfy these requirements.
What youll do:
- Lead & grow a team of BI Developers that is responsible for creating best of breed reporting & for delivering innovative & insightful BI solutions to the organization.
- Enforce time management among the BI team to promote efficiency & timely completion of activities & requests.
- Work closely with the Data team & Product Owners to build a vision & execute a strategy for successful adoption of our Business Intelligence platforms across the Enterprise.
- Interface with other operational & cross-functional teams (BI/ETL/Core Data) to ensure that the most efficient solution is designed in order to meet business goals.
- Evangelize & provide both support & training to all user levels & analysts in order to drive maximum value & adoption.
- Design, facilitate & manage a self-service BI platform to provide fast, agile, & secure access to various projects.
- Create secure & performant data sources to support accurate & quick data insight.
- Ensure analytical solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable, & delivered on schedule.
- Define & apply best practices using agile development methodologies for development, documentation, & compliance.
- Manage & interpret large quantities of data in order to provide evaluations & recommendations of various BI tools
- 5+ years experience in business intelligence application development or database development (eg: Snowflake, Big Query etc.)
- 4+ years experience with Relational databases & SQL experience
- Familiarity with Airflow or any other Open Source Data Pipeline
- Ability to lead, coach & develop the growth & development of the team members.
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential property & corporate information.
- In-depth analytical, problem solving, & critical thinking skills
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Must have the capability to learn other platforms as they are adopted by the company.
- Python or other scripting language experience a plus
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.