As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
About this role:
As a community of journalists & storytellers, revenue & business professionals, creators & technologists we believe it is a moral & business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, & inclusion throughout our organization & our industry, through our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, & our platforms, products, & partnerships.
The DEI+ Associate will support DEI+ planning & implementation activities working with staff across Vox Media. This is a position for someone who is excited to support projects & assist with change within the organization. This role will report to the Program Manager, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion or the Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
What youll do:.
Program/Initiative Support & Coordination
- Support the DEI+ Program Manager in planning, coordinating, monitoring and/or reporting on all DEI+ activities, with a focus on culture & engagement at Vox Media.
- Assist DEI+ leadership & task forces established to support the execution of DEI+ initiatives. Tasks may include but are not limited to scheduling, note-taking, identifying follow up actions & tracking on them.
- Partner with departments across Vox Media to create process(es) to track/monitor all DE&I related data & efforts, including budgets, engagement & more.
- Assist in the completion of DEI+-related benchmarking surveys requested by external organizations
- Centralize all DEI+ related information including (but not limited to) strategies, programs, resources, events & vendors for transparency & access across the DEI+ team & for reference to Company leadership & support teams.
- Execute plans to support employee resource groups including program development & organizing company-wide cultural activities/events relevant to each affinity group.
- Work with ERG Leaders as needed to identify internal/external resources.
- Support additional projects as needed.
- In collaboration with the DEI+ Program Manager, curate published articles, assist in editing & populating company-wide newsletter(s) with DEI+ updates relevant to the DEI+s efforts
- Update & maintain the distribution of DE&I resources & promotional materials through Vox Medias internal platforms (MyVoxMedia.com, Slack, etc.).
- Implement communication efforts in concert with Internal Communications to ensure timely & effective distribution of information about DE&I efforts across Vox Media
- Draft communications (for distribution in Slack, email, etc.) related to DEI+ programming & efforts to be sent by DEI+, P&C or other Company leadership
What youll bring:
- 2+ years experience with diversity, equity & inclusion work
- Strong administrative & organizational skills with attention to detail & ability to balance & prioritize workload under deadlines & multiple commitments
- Proven track record in initiating & successfully support projects according to outlined scope, budget & timeline
- Ability & willingness to be an ally to individuals who are different from oneself
- Ability to handle confidential & highly sensitive information discreetly;
- Ability to escalate issues and/or conflict to DE&I leadership
- Awareness of & ability to manage own biases
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, informal, team-based environment
- Excellent writing & communication skills
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.