The Business Operations Analyst will partner with the mParticle sales, marketing, & customer success teams to improve the effectiveness & efficiency of our go-to-market functions & will help build a world-class organization via support of core operational initiatives, strategic assessments, & on-going business activity.
What youll do
The role will be highly cross-functional, partnering with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success & Finance to make data driven decisions. A successful candidate in this role is collaborative, flexible & provides outstanding input with a great attitude. Core responsibilities include planning, reporting, process improvement, compensation administration & pricing optimization. The role will be responsible for driving cross-functional excellence & a culture of continuous improvement by coordinating the people, process, & technology from the pre-sales through post-sales go-to-market functions.
This position will report into the Director of Business Operations & will work closely with our VP Sales, VP Success, PMO & internal & external stakeholders to ensure objectives & priorities are enabled. If you are interested, here are some details to help you determine whether this is the right role for you.
- Develop a deep understanding of all aspects of the sales, marketing, & customer success organizations, & leverage that knowledge to identify areas for process improvement.
- Support fiscal & mid-year planning activities including headcount planning, sales territory carving, quota setting & incentive compensation design.
- Build & interpret reports & dashboards to help go-to-market leaders better understand the health of their business.
- Serve as the business owner of Looker & Salesforce Analytics proactively identifying ways to improve the efficiency & effectiveness of sellers & customer success managers.
- Collect system requirements from business partners & work with system administrators to implement Salesforce improvements.
- Own monthly incentive compensation process across go-to-market functions. This includes calculating commissions, managing exception requests versus policy, serving as a liaison with finance & leadership for approvals & developing & maintaining compensation calculators & performance reporting.
- Manage & coordinate all aspects of deal configuration & approval while ensuring order form accuracy.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a Business Operations, Consulting or related role
- Previous experience with SaaS organizations strongly preferred
- Expert Salesforce & Excel modeling experience
- Previous experience with a business intelligence tool (Looker, Chartio, etc.) or SQL coding skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects & drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication & decision making skills