Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is looking for a Staff Software Engineer for our Identity Platform Team in Bangalore, India. You will be a member of one of the first teams of engineers in our new Bangalore office, responsible for helping to build IAM products & features our customers will love. You will play a key role in defining our technical & team culture in India. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, who never settles, is ready to jump into a variety of technologies & languages & is able to coordinate & collaborate with other teams, as well as mentor other engineers.
- You have 3+ years of experience building resilient, high-throughput services & distributed systems.
- You are comfortable with asynchronous & multi-threaded concepts & languages.
- You have experience with technologies like MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, Memcached.
- You have a very strong understanding of REST APIs.
- You know that the code you ship is only as dependable & predictable as the tests you write.
- You have experience troubleshooting complex production issues.
- You love to make an impact & thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with IAM protocols such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SCIM
- Experience with security fundamentals like encryption, message signing & verification
- Experience with JWTs
- Experience with Java & or Scala
As a Software Engineer L2, you will:
- Own & operate, high-scale cloud based systems & services.
- Build simple features, as well as complex distributed systems.
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, & Engineers.
- Manage your work through the use of Github, Jira, & our build/deploy systems.
- Develop a testing harness & strategy for what your team ships.
- Solve complex IAM related technical challenges.
- Coordinate with teams in other time-zones.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the worlds telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications.
Twilio's IAM Platform, helps our customers connect to & use the Twilio products that make their businesses successful. Our platform has global reach & operates at cloud scale. Our challenge is to enable our customers, & to protect their data, while providing mission critical IAM features on the Twilio platform.
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office at Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 3,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco & other offices in Bogot, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, & Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the worlds telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.