Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a Cost Accounting Manager who will be a critical part of the Finance department & will report into the Assistant Controller.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do...
- Month-end close
- Coordinate with the supply chain team around the month-end close process
- Prepare journal entries for close.
- Review work of the Cost Accountant.
- Run system processes for purchase orders, inventory receipts, pending orders, etc.
- Prepare balance sheet analyses & reconciliations to support amounts
- Reconcile ERP sub-ledgers to the General Ledger
- Coordinate with the A/P manager on invoice coding,
- Other responsibilities assigned by the Controller as the nature of the company continues to evolve
- Manage standard costing, cost allocations & cost variances
- Oversee inventory cycle count & annual inventory control/adjustments
- Account for Inventory Reserves & Deferred costs
- Prepare Inventory related analytical schedules
- Manage, mentor, & support team members
- Participate in the financial system optimization
- Support annual financial statement audit process.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly & annual SEC reporting
- Support SOX program. Ensure controls standards are maintained & improved upon.
- Adhoc projects as assigned by the Controller or Assistant Controller
Our dream candidate has...
- A BA/BS in accounting or finance
- 5-8 years of accounting experience, including experience with standard costing
- Experience across public & private accounting is preferred
- Experience managing or mentoring team members
- Willingness to extend themselves & assist other people
- Understanding of financial controls (SOX) & GAAP
- Experience & competency working with Excel
- CPA is preferred but not required
The syrup on your waffles...
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, & virtual programs like apps for meditation & mindfulness.
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!