Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant pharmacy experience that works for everyone, & technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team is laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers, & driving meaningful value & better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Everyone who uses Capsule raves about it - we have 5,000+ five-star app reviews - & were expanding quickly to get that experience in the hands of as many people as possible. Weve raised over $250 million from the best internet & healthcare investors to enable that expansion.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized to accomplish ambitious goals, & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, wed love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As the Real Estate Manager, you will play a critical role in driving Capsules market expansion strategy & growth. This individual will have the responsibility of partnering with Capsules Expansion Team to lead brick & mortar expansion from site selection, approvals, lease executions & lease administration & will serve as the internal expert on real estate, representing & driving the expansion strategy externally with brokers & landlords. The ideal candidate is thrilled to initiate & maintain relationships with landlords & be responsible for day-to-day maintenance of real-estate developments in new markets. Long-term, this individual will also play a critical role in ongoing management of Capsules national real estate portfolio.
- Managing & maintaining all ongoing & day-to-day real estate related administrative activities.
- Strategic Real Estate Planning: Responsible for the development & execution of strategy & processes for site selection, utilizing analytical frameworks & on the ground insights.
- Broker Management: Responsible for the establishment & oversight of a high quality, productive & brand aligned broker network to generate efficient, high quality real estate pipeline.
- Deal Making: Accountable for site selection, negotiation of LOI terms & leases with landlords, internal review, lease execution, & ongoing lease management.
- Process Innovation: Responsible for the organization, modification & creation of strategic real estate operating processes, procedures & programs to ensure efficiency.
- Accountable for keeping current on market conditions in assigned territory to include knowledge of all competitive changes in market area & understanding the primary differences between the competitors within the market.
- You work hard & want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins & remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast & right & don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision & accuracy & where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed & challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form & live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility & value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You have a minimum 3+ years in a commercial real estate role
- You have a proven track record in navigating the landlord/tenant relationship.
- You must have strong, hands-on, operating & deal-making skills.
- You have a strong knowledge of basic real estate, construction & related terms, timelines, principles, & functions.
- You are experienced in negotiating & documenting real estate leases.
- You have demonstrated the ability to be effective in a fast paced, complex business environment.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.