Senior FrontEnd Engineer
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
Our Engineering team is smart, pragmatic, & entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, & work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
Our Quality Engineering (QE) team is focused on thinking like our users & helping our product engineering teams build features that work well for those users in all the ways they may interact with our systems. We operate as a central QE department to ensure best practices & processes across development teams. We have a central QE tools team & also QE team members that work closely as part of the development team during all phases of the process ensures quality early on in the process & gives a sense of joint ownership of the features & quality of deliverables. The QE tools team develops & maintains the automations frameworks & other tooling used by the embedded QE & development teams.
About the Job:
RTR is continuously improving & building out our automation capability. We are looking for a Senior Engineer, with a strong focus on Front End technologies, to lead & guide multiple test automation efforts; improve our build, deploy & test workflows; increase confidence in our systems & mitigate risk through automation. By building & maintaining our user level test automation frameworks & defining the future automation & continuous delivery strategy, you will support our engineering teams to move quickly while ensuring that our customers have a great experience.
What Youll Do:
- Ensure reliable execution of our tests suites by continually gaining an understanding of our underlying systems & improving the frameworks.
- Ensure high-quality software by evaluating the design & architecture of our systems to introduce the relevant testing frameworks.
- Build new tooling & frameworks for quality assurance.
- Constantly engage with development & product teams to understand & assess their needs & build out the technical roadmap for our tooling.
- Ensure the adoption of frameworks & tools needed for all levels of testing our microservices based architecture - Unit, component, integration, UI, API, End-To-End.
- Establish the necessary CI/CD pipelines to execute all our testing. Define our CI/CD requirements & ensure we use modern cloud native approaches in our workflows.
- Be an advocate for quality in all areas of our product development. Influence a continued culture change & focus on Quality across the entire Engineering organization.
- Support the development & growth of QE teams by supporting team members with the implementation of automated tests.
- Experience with RESTful APIs & Asynchronous Communication (AMQP, RabbitMQ), preferably in a microservices architecture environment.
- Experience with non-functional & load testing frameworks (Gatling, JMeter, Flood.io/Element)
- Experience creating & maintaining CI/CD Pipelines, preferably GitHub Actions, & integrating the automated testing suites in the pipeline
- Good understanding & experience with cloud & containerization principles (Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform).
- Solid analytical skills to troubleshoot problems & find areas for improvement - experience with logging frameworks & tools (e.g. Splunk, Loggly), monitoring & APM tools (e.g. SignalFX, New Relic, Datadog)
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.