Walmart Customer Care leads the way in shaping the future of customer service & experience for Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle & other affiliated brands by striving to deliver world-class support to our customers in the most seamless, efficient way regardless of how our they shop with us or contact us.
The Director, Process Improvement & Analytics will play a proactive role in developing strategies & analyses to improve customer satisfaction, develop more efficient processes & provide insight-driven understanding of our customer interactions. The role reports to the Chief of Staff of Walmart eCommerce Customer Care & will require collaboration with key partners & stakeholders in Customer Experience, Marketing, Supply Chain, Retail & Engineering.
What youll do
The Director, Process Improvement & Analytics will a project management & analytics team in identifying, scoping & executing operational improvement initiatives for Customer Care leveraging data analysis, research, collaborative problem-solving & accountability to drive towards best practices. He or she will work with our contact centers, order management, product management & other stakeholders to address complex issues, assess customer needs & recommend changes to business processes (e.g., process efficiency, remove redundancy, introduce automation, improve self-service). He or she will become a strong advocate for reducing customer friction & increasing customer satisfaction, as well as enhancing tools for our customer service agents.
- Solve complex problems from root cause analysis to solution development through formal methodology & can coach/train others on this process.
- Design, drive & perform operational analysis of business processes & systems.
- Act as an internal consultant to lead, define, & develop continuous improvement activities; drive & track these projects to successful completion.
- Lead collaborative problem-solving efforts to improve quality of customer service & eliminate inefficient processes; Partner with cross-functional teams for identification of dependencies & coordination of supporting functions to ensure successful implementation.
- Develop compelling business cases to drive buy-in & adoption of solutions.
- Document & institutionalize the use of controls, metrics, reporting & scorecards to ensure lasting project benefits & behavior change; Leverage best practices across the Walmart affiliated brands.
- Align on a roadmap of future strategic processes or systems for Customer Care, based on customer insights, business metrics or market trends & develop long-term plan to bring these initiatives to fruition.
- Develop executive presentations & reports to highlight success stories & address organizational obstacles
- 6+ years of process improvement, operations, management consulting and/or strategy; experience in e-commerce or retail is a plus
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a Engineering, Operations, Finance or analytical discipline
- Extensive experience with project leadership
- Demonstrated leadership in operations or process improvement discipline; with some exposure to Lean or Six Sigma desired, but not required
- Proven analytical & quantitative skills & an ability to use data & metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, & complete root cause analyses
- Ability to work effectively as an individual & part of a team, meet tight deadlines & prioritize workloads in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic thinker who can see/understand the big picture, develop new ideas & think through creative solutions
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, develop strong, influencing relationships & use analytics to support storytelling.
- Self-sufficient ability to execute analysis from data extracted from source data systems
- A curious nature, passion for problem-solving & bias towards action
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a rapidly growing & changing environment.