Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What's the job? As part of the Platform & Reliability Engineering Department in the Network Processing organization, you'll be responsible for system development, implementation, maintenance, support, tools & automation of Visa's systems, which authorize, clear, settle, & deliver transactions to issuer & acquirer financial institutions globally. Through this challenging job, you'll gain experience collaborating with various
parts of the business in understanding requirements for system enhancements, identifying areas of improvement & implementing changes to the system or process where it is needed. The product that you oversee will be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe.
and influencing in areas beyond immediate control. Above all, you are someone who takes initiative & thinks like an owner - you've defined your everywhere & lead others to find theirs all while launching Visa ahead of the game.
- Collaborate with business units & technical staff to define requirements/modifications for use in designing appropriate solutions.
- Evaluate options & provide recommendation on scope & scale of effort required to develop solutions.
- Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document & implement new programs & subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, & corrections to existing software.
- Assistapplication teams insetting up their CI/CD processes & automation.
- Build & maintain effective relationships across functional areas in order to provide superior product support.
- Support & deliver on resulting initiatives from the Business Plan & Technology strategy leveraging re-use, eliminating duplicative components, architectural design, & use of innovative products.
- Work to ensure technology decisions are "business" driven.
- Suggest & cultivate ideas on the extension of the current systems to new products & services.
- Must be able to understand the positioning of a solution within the company & to build consensus to effectively gain buy-in from all participants.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements & refinements to standards, processes & systems.
- Provide rotational on-call support as needed.
- 2+ years of software design & development experience.
- Experience in CI/CD tools & processes is highly desired.
- Proficiency in at least one of these object-oriented programming languages is a must (C++, Python, Java, C#).
- Experience in C/C++ or GoLang is a hugeplus.
- Experience in MEAN stack (MongoDB, ExpressJS, Angular, NodeJS), ReactJSand/or C#/.NET are preferred, but not required.
- Willing to work on Windows, Linux & Mainframe.
- Strong working knowledge of Object Oriented Development & Design Patterns.
- Adaptability is a must, including the ability & enthusiasm to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong problem determination skills & ability to resolve critical issues for complex systems under tight timeframes using dumps & other tools.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi task & handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management. Should possess excellent planning & organizational skills.
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.