At Peloton, we look for individuals who are motivated by complex & challenging work. We want to work with people who share compelling solutions to those challenges, solutions informed by their unique experiences, passions, & expertise.
We are looking for a senior leader to ensure we have the right architecture & processes to scale our operations. As a domain expert in microservices, youll lead the way in defining a suitable framework around service definitions, inter-service communication, monitoring, CI/CD & more. As a partof our architectural committee, you will be the primary driver of the effort of re-architecturing our monolith into suitable services. Youll use your leadership skills to gain alignment amongst your peers on various architectural decisions.
- Lead the process for creating a comprehensive microservices architecture by reviewing the current state of the monolithic system & proposing a systematic approach for migrating towards a microservices design
- Be a technical leader & identify & outline a future facing service oriented architecture
- Partner with other engineering leads to implement the new architecture. Create a blueprint & roadmap & lead the teams through an agile process with a hands-on engineering mindset
- Be responsible for identifying, defining & articulating design tradeoffs, knowing that not every good idea is acceptable
- Improve developer experience by recommending & implementing tools for microservices monitoring/profiling/tracing
- Demonstrate relentless focus for quality & timely delivery
- As a leader, influence developers & senior leadership to establish, maintain & govern standards with respect to microservices/SOA best practices
- 10+ years of experience as lead/architect
- Significant experience in SOA/Microservice architecture in a relatively large & complex environment
- Comprehensive experience in cloud technologies (aws, azure etc), Kubernetes, end-to-end monitoring & API security
- Experience with Request Processing: Restful API endpoint design principles, GraphQL, Load balancing concepts; Communication & RPC protocols such as HTTP, TCP, gRPC
- Ability to create analysis & quick prototypes for different implementation alternatives
- Strong project management skills with ability to accurately estimate development & testing efforts, identify tasks on the critical path, & assess risk in the overall project
More about you:
The successful candidate will have a mix of excellent technical, analytical, program management, & communications skills. You are a strong, acknowledged leader, an empathic listener, & you can explain complex ideas to C-level audiences using plain English. You have worked for a large enterprise & you want to mature Pelotons thinking & execution. You are very collaborative, thrive when solving hard problems, & move effortlessly across organizational boundaries.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visitwww.onepeloton.com/careersto learn more about joining our team.