About Cat Person:
Cat Person is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats & cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats & products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, & thoughtfully designed for their people.
By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, & marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market & flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded in March 2020 with support & initial investment by Harrys, & built by a founding team that has decades of experience launching, growing & scaling transformational brands & businesses across large CPG & direct-to-consumer/e-commerce industries.
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
Head of Communications & Creative
As the Head of Communications & Creative, you will be a part of the core team responsible for building a new disruptor brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love & innovation to a long overlooked & underserved category: cat care. Launched in March 2020, Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture & toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cats & the cat persons needs in everything we make & do. We arent just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; were here to redefine what it means to be a cat person in culture today.
The Head of Communications & Creative will be the ultimate developer & custodian of our brand out in the world. Youll be responsible for setting vision & direction for the brand & for building & leading the Cat Person creative & communications team. In a hyper-competitive category, we aspire to create breakthrough work that provokes a new way of how people think about the bond between cat & cat people.
Were seeking a leader that can get emotionally invested in building a brand that moves the industry forward, speaking in a real way to todays cat person.
Over the last two years we have started to lay the groundwork for what this brand is & where it can go. Now we seek someone who is excited to build our next stage of growth with us. Someone with ambitions to build a brand that is both fresh & substantive & drive innovative content across channels.
You will lead the development of breakthrough brand narratives that introduce us to the world & create a deep relationship with our consumer, bringing these stories to life through advertising, digital & physical touchpoints, while delivering on project goals & KPIs.
As part of the senior team, you will be a key leader in helping to establish our creative culture, building, leading & inspiring A+ talent, & guiding our team in creating amazing work. You will work closely with leaders across R&D, Operations, Digital, & Retail fostering a collaborative work environment & shared sense of building.
What you will accomplish:
- Scale brand aesthetic & voice
- Take current brand positioning & identity work & develop visual aesthetic & brand voice that resonates with our consumer
- Create medium specific guidelines, ensuring consistent application of the brand internally & externally
- Breakthrough storytelling & campaign development:
- Create break-through narratives that deliver outsized share of voice, ignites a conversation with our target consumer, drives awareness & interest in our brand, & positions us as a fresh & craveable brand with a distinct point of view.
- Activate our community with the development of ideas that fuel & ignite their passion for Cat Person
- Build a creative function that scales with our business
- Guide us on the optimal process for creative development
- Foster a fast-paced creative environment that allows us to take risks & test & learn
- Establish strong, collaborative working relationship with the rest of the organization ( R&D, Retail, Digital)
- Build, lead & develop A+ creative, comms & creative team to support brand development (copywriter, graphic design, social/influencer, PR)
This should describe you:
Best in class design & storytelling skills
- You keep the customer front & center
- You are passionate about developing with a cat-first perspective
- You have impeccable taste & ability to get the best work from partners - a portfolio of exceptional brand & advertising output with examples where you have pushed creative boundaries & where you have explored new territories
- Ability to see beyond the obvious & push forward thinking ideas that generate buzz & excitement
- You are dialed into whats cool, new, & relevant & how to translate that to our customer
- Feels ownership over their work, the brand & what they are building, which translates to those they work with
- Strong coach & mentor, someone people want to work & learn from
- Ability to hire & build an A+ team. Experience managing direct reports.
- Strong track record managing external agencies
Open, Collaborative Partner
- Embraces an all in all together approach - always searching for the best ways to deliver great work, regardless of who may own the idea
- Thrives in a collaborative environment & able to work with creative & non-creative partners
Entrepreneurial & thoughtful builder
- A passion for building; someone who is drawn to the idea of building a nascent brand
- 100% game to get their hands dirty & hustle to build something (no task to small mentality)
- Able to thrive in fast-paced environments where you can move fast & adapt quickly
- Thinks about what will be successful commercially in addition to artistically & is respectful of project goals & KPIs
What Youll Need to Succeed
- 8+ years brand marketing experience
- Creative team management experience
- Strong, proven leadership skills & highly developed interpersonal skills to lead & manage a team
- Strong communication skills along with the ability to think creatively & strategically
- Great taste & design chops
- Experience working in a DTC first business with a focus & respect for creative needs for Growth efforts
- Experience managing & leading teams in a fast paced & cross-functional focused environment with shifting priorities, demands & timelines
- Experience managing model & product photo shoots
- A real interest & understanding of the consumer we want to speak to
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered & able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter & your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized & able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.