Like most guys, we just want getting dressed to be easy. But somewhere along the way things got complicated. Nothing seemed to fit quite right, quality was lacking & shopping was a painful exercise of trial & error. There were somehow way too many options, or none. And whenever we did find something we liked, we knew it would be a little different the next time we looked. So we decided to fix that.
We started with underwear & socks, things that could make you more comfortable every single day. Since then, weve gone on to reinvent other essentials that didnt meet our standards for comfort, performance, quality, or design. If you only need one version of it, we only make the best possible versionand once we get it right, we dont change a thing.
The Engineering team at Mack Weldon is reinventing the buying experience for the category with a best-in-class shopping experience on mobile & web. We are looking for a hands-on Engineering Lead to oversee the tech stack, manage integrations & build for future.
We are a Ruby on Rails application written on the Spree eCommerce platform. We have a minimal stack comprised of Rails, MySQL, Redis, AWS buckets, Cloudfront, & a few auxiliary services. We use Marionette/Backbone JS, HAML, SASS & are hosted on Heroku. We are also in the process of rebuilding our ecommerce platform & moving to a SaaS solution.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A STRONG TECHNICAL LEADER WHO
- Has a passion for partnering with the business to drive technical direction & context within a growing Engineering team.
- Is eager to create a culture of mentorship & thought leadership within Engineering.
- Is flexible, collaborative & forward thinking.
- Has experience in eCommerce or another high availability, scalable industry.
- Is located in NYC or willing to relocate to NYC.
WHAT YOULL DO EVERY DAY
- Oversee architecture & technology decisions across ecommerce stack & POS
- Define, design & implement OMS & ERP solutions
- Be responsible for the database architecture, network operations & security
- Define & manage efficient deployment processes
- Partner with our marketing & product teams to define new features & build new buy path flows, landing pages, navigation, internal tools & e-commerce functionality
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Extensive experience working with Ruby in a TDD or tested environment
- Full-stack development
- Caching & Scalability in a full stack web application
- Experience with payment integration, web security, & analytics
- Exposure to any of Spree/Solidus, Shopify or Salesforce COmmerce Cloud
- Familiar/Fluent in Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, Data Pipeline, Redshift, & Cloudfront)
- Exposure to C or C-derivative language.
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL?
- We give a shit! - We care. Were slightly obsessive. We sweat every detail. We fight for what we think is best for Mack Weldon & our customers.
- We put our money where our mouth is - We own our words. We own our actions. We own our mistakes.
- We solve problems - You wont find us waiting around for someone else to fix a problem, if we can get our hands on it first.
- We wont sacrifice the future for a quick win - We wait for the second marshmallow.
- Its all about the people! - Relationships over transactions.
- Full insurance benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Free Mack Weldon gear
- Office snacks & drinks
- Thursday happy hours