At Pluralsight, our Quality Assurance (QA) analysts develop & execute exploratory & automated tests to ensure product quality across our web properties. The QA technician role plays an important part in Pluralsight's digital experience process. Responsibilities include conducting tests before web publication occurs to ensure the experience meets users needs, while being cost-effective. As a collaborative team player, our QA analysts effectively create testing plans based on pre-defined feature requirements (may include automated tests), log issues/bug for resolution, test the overall quality of the product or feature, updates authoring documentation to reflect new features & functionality, & checks the compliance of the interface.
Who you are committed to being:
- You are an inquisitive, critical thinker who is always looking for how things can work better
- You are naturally organized, keeping all the moving pieces organized & moving
- You like to understand the expected outcome, get the context, & then work methodically to get it done
- You act as a catalyst for change & are passionate about improving performance & quality
- You build strong, trusting partnerships focused on determining, negotiating & agreeing on in-house quality procedures, standards & specifications
- You are accountable for excellence
- You are an amazing communicator & effective influencer
- You have a strong desire to maintain familiarity with new technologies & new opportunities for web development, optimization & personalization
- Ability to juggle multiple initiatives & shift priorities as needed
- A love of data & attention to detail - highly organized & analytical
What you'll own:
- Develop & apply testing processes for new & existing products
- Review requirements, specifications & technical design documents to provide timely & meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive & well-structured test plans & test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan & coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop & execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly & track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers & product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming deliverables & train users to implement solutions
- Establish & track quality assurance metrics
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools & test strategies
Experience you'll need:
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools & processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise & comprehensive test plans & test cases
- Experience with Adobe Marketing Cloud (AEM, Analytics, Target)
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.