BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
The BuzzFeed Social Commerce Squad team needs a hard-working Junior Designer + Livestream Coordinator for a full-time contract position to start as soon as possible & end in July with potential extension. We are looking for someone with a passion for short-form videos, social media commerce, & the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Please Note: We are currently working remotely but expect to eventually return to our offices when it is safe to do so, likely in the fall.
- Design & curate assets for product-focused social pages, including but not limited to eye-catching video thumbnails & Facebook/Instagram graphics
- Work closely with senior strategist & junior strategist on assets from talent
- Produce shopping livestreams on Amazon Live
- Edit cut-downs of live streams for short form social content
- Immerse yourself in the world of commerce to identify exciting new content opportunities
- 1+ years experience making content for social platforms, stationary or video
- An understanding of the live streaming & live shopping space
- Experience with livestream software platforms, VMIX and/or OBS systems a plus
- A passion for experimentation, innovation & ideating on your successes
- A degree or course of study in graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & Premiere
- An ability to work under tight deadlines, juggle multiple projects at once, & adapt when asked to pivot
- Good communication skills & a talent for collaboration
- Must include a link to a portfolio site or social page with your recent work, no PDFs or dropbox links please
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.