Develop & strengthen our finance function!
Flexport has an immediate opening for a Global Vendor Operations Manager to join our Finance team. Finance is central to Flexports success - creating transparency of the companys performance, financials, risks & internal controls, & building the people, process & product needed for the future of Flexport.
We're looking for a Global Vendor Operations Manager with this mission. You will assist with various finance areas including assisting in vendor selection & facilitating onboarding/offboarding, performance management & audits, & contract lifecycle management. You will be responsible for coordinating between several internal teams ensuring that everyone is following vendor & procurement policies.
This person will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment. Strong oral & written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope business requirements & prioritize.
Successful candidates will have broad & deep experience in the vendor lifecycle management function globally for both indirect & direct vendors; with a proven track record on scaling vendor management policies & processes.
Report into the Senior Manager, Indirect Procurement. This person will work closely with the accounting & finance teams, but also extend services to the operations, procurement, legal, tax, security & business systems as needed.
- Engage with vendors to gather required documents during onboarding, acting as a liaison between the vendor & Flexport. This includes facilitating the completion of credit applications in collaboration with Operations, Procurement, Legal, Tax, Business Systems, & Finance as needed.
- Collaborate with IT Security, Legal, Compliance Accounts Payable & department level stakeholders to ensure vendors are onboarded & managed properly throughout the vendor lifecycle.
- Understanding complex onboarding requirements for vendors across a wide range of categories including G&A (software, workplace, services) & freight (shipping, trucking, air) will be critical in this role.
- Manage master vendor database, ensuring that proper due diligence is exercised before performing account updates & develop a standardized process for maintaining vendor hygiene: account clean up initiatives, offboarding checklist.
- Provide weekly master vendor data reporting to procurement teams & furnish monthly reporting for indirect procurement operations, including vendor onboarding, contracts, purchase requests, & invoice processing
- Work independently, have strong management, leadership, & technical skills.
- Proactively able to address issues & effectively prioritize issue resolution
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, & conflict resolution
- Clearly communicate Flexports requirements to vendors & ensure that business moves eciently, while reducing nancial & IT security liability.
- Understand the health of different operations to troubleshoot escalations & improve process efficiency. This includes proactive documentation of policies & standardized processes, & providing education to team members as needed.
- Build & manage relationships with external vendor partners & internal stakeholders
- Where possible, ensure that vendor management operations across regions are at parity with one another
- Designing & launching a comprehensive Supplier/Vendor Diversity Program
You should have:
- 5+ years of related experience in a high growth technology company with a Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, or Business (Masters degree is a plus); Candidate should have broad experience in vendor management/compliance/risk mitigation, accounting, procurement, & financial controls; Experience in the freight industry is a plus
- Previous successful experience identifying & driving improvements, building a detailed step by step vendor management function with our internal stakeholders
- Fraud investigation and/or risk management background
- Advanced Excel Skills, procient with Netsuite, Coupa experience is a plus & experience in other ERP vendor management tools is a plus
- Experience with technical platform implementation & experience in previous companies with multiple international subsidiaries
- Previous experience successfully completing SOX or FedRAMP audits as it relates to vendor screening & management is a plus.
- Ability to develop & share new solutions to old problems
- Self-starter mindset, adapt to rapid changes, able to operate with a high level of autonomy, strong attention to detail & excellent follow-through skills
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation